Author Topic: MSD Atomic efi  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Wolffcattleco

MSD Atomic efi
« on: May 16, 2016, 10:06:36 PM »
Has anyone ever installed one of those self learning efi on say an 86 1 ton 4x4  Chevy 454? We were thinking about it but not sure if installing 87 model senders with pumps in tank would work. Looks like there ecu only has one wire for one pump. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

What about quadrajet carbs like come on those trucks ? I heard the gas now days eats them up. I restored this truck and just trying to get it to run a little better. Has 750 edelbrock on it now but I don't care for it much. I figure some of you hotrodders know just what it needs......grin
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:16:10 AM by Wolffcattleco »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: MSD Atomic efi
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 06:59:09 AM »
what other modifications do you have on the 454?
read over THIS it may help you figure out a carb deal or if you want to spend the money on the efi. IMO its not worth it money wise when you can get a carb to run good with the right size carb and the proper tune. if i wanted after market i would try a stock tbi setup
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Wolffcattleco

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »
Thanks for the reply Irish_Alley. not much mods. Heads have been redone with bigger valves and seats. And I put an rv cam in it. Those old big blocks so low on compression hard to do much unless you change pistons but they pull good haha.  I bought edelbrock 600 yesterday and it actually runs really well. Haven't had a chance to fine tune it yet though.  Do you know where I can post a/c problem? I put new style serpentine but pancake compressor won't cycle. Runs constantly ac freeze you out but condensor makes so much heat that it gets radiator hot. Thanks

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:09:07 AM »
maybe in the engine/drive train. dont worry about posting it in the wrong area, we will move it for you. just try the best you can
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes