Author Topic: rims and tires  (Read 3193 times)

Offline 77chevyshortbox

rims and tires
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »
Looking for a 12inch wide 15 or 16 inch 8 bolt rim that'll fit a dana60 and a 14lt also heard from a few guys they prefer running superswamper tsl's in the front for steering and boggers in the back. curious on inputs on that thanks, oh yah and beadlock rims, any opinions and where to find?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:19:56 PM by 77chevyshortbox »

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: rims and tires
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:50:40 AM »
     I would think finding the rims would be as easy as going to the local tire shop and picking out what style you like, the size seems like a normal size.
     Running super swampers, they are very noisy on the road, and they do wear out faster when driven on pavement a lot.  I have learned that lesson.
     As far as bead lock rims, you need to check with your local DMV, many states and counties it is illegal to run bead locks on the road.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline 77chevyshortbox

Re: rims and tires
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:05:02 PM »
i work in a shop, and cant find anything wider than a 10 inch rim, besides living in canada, everythings over priced its ridiculous. im not worried about noise or tire ware that much, the trucks mostly a weekend toy thats all. and i've heard rumours beadlocks arent legal here anyways so yah pretty skeptical about it. thanks tho