Author Topic: Clinking noise from rear  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Clinking noise from rear
« on: August 22, 2009, 04:22:27 AM »
 my 94 4x2 is making a squeak and clinking noise from the rear of the truck while driving. ex when taking of the clink is almost like something hitting the drive shaft and it progresses with speed till about 15-20 mph then it stops if you let go of the gas it stops. the squeak is pretty much at take off slow speeds it will stop tho if you take the trans out of gear. I've replaced the rear u joint just the other day, and the front about 2-3 years ago I'm thinking thats the problem going to work on it when the weather clears up. the squeak i thought was comming from a bad trans mount that i could by hand move the trany and get it to squeak, but i replaced that it seamed to fix the problem till i went to work today then its still doing it i have no ideal what it is. but there seams to be a little bit of slop coming from the tail shaft on the trany not clockways or counter clock ways but up down side to side, check fluid in rear it was low took about 14/ of a gal size jug.. any ideals while hopefully i work on her tonight?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Clinking noise from rear
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 09:01:36 AM »
You lost me there but it sounds like a u-joint noise.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Clinking noise from rear
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:09:39 PM »
both the squeak and clink?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes