Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]

* Search

* Top Boards

73-87ChevyTrucks.com offers select, high quality parts for sale that help fund this website and Forum.  Take a moment to drop by The Store and shop our products.  If you don't find what you're looking for, shoot us an email (webmaster@73-87chevytrucks.com) - the part simply may not have been added yet.  We add new items all of the time.

Welcome to 73-87chevytrucks.com

73-87chevytrucks.com is not only a forum we are also a vendor for a variety of parts both replacement and custom. Check out our store at 73-87chevytrucks.com Online Store

73-87chevytrucks Social Network

We are also on Facebook so give us a like to the page if you like what you see: http://www.facebook.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/7387chevytrucks

73-87chevytrucks Merchandise

Looking for a shirt, cap hoodie or anything else with our logo, check out or Cafepress site or our Spreadshirt site

August 28, 2024, 08:59:25 PM by cwilson jr | Views: 236 | Comments: 3

I misplaced the keys to my 85 K10.  the steering column was replaced years ago so I can't have a key made from the VIN, so I temporarily dropped the ignition switch to start, but now have to have a way to steer.  I'm not sure what I'm doing with the truck yet, but it has to move within a week.

If I drill the cylinder, will that free the steering, or will that destroy the cylinder for nothing, where I couldn't even get a locksmith to create one from the existing lock cylinder, which I personally am not going to replace at this time.

Any ideas how I can free the steering wheel?
August 22, 2024, 06:28:11 PM by devildogmech | Views: 367 | Comments: 2

Hey all,

I'm making progress on getting my LS swap done. I need to install my secondary Transmission Cooler (planning on towing). Do any of ya'll have pictures of how you installed yours? I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Here's my build  - https://photos.app.goo.gl/PTmtwTubWmgioZay5
Backwoodsballer
August 20, 2024, 07:53:48 AM by Backwoodsballer
Views: 471 | Comments: 4

Hi Everyone,

Im looking for some advice here.  Recently i have developed what i would describe as a violent shudder when taking off from a stop.  My setup is 350/TH350, 203 converted to part time.  The shudder feels like wheel hop, the whole truck shakes when i take off, the more throttle i give it the worse it is.  I dont mean that it is shimmying on take off, i mean the WHOLE TRUCK vibrates like im having significant wheel hop.  If i take off on a down hill or flat ground where i can softly accelerate then there is no shudder feeling at all.  It also only has this issue when im taking off, otherwise the truck drives fantastically down the road.  Recently i did try taking off by manually putting the truck into 1st gear and i did not notice any shudder, it seems like it might only be happening then the truck is in "D".  There is a notable "groan" when im at highway speeds but no vibrations are felt, the "groan" is constant from about 60mph and up.

I do believe the truck has a shift kit installed as well since the shifting can be extremely hard, if im light on the throttle then its buttery smooth but the more throttle that is applied the more jarring the shift is.

Here are the things that i have inspected:
- All Ujoints are good (Brand new Tom Woods Drive Shaft was installed a few months back)
- Motor Mounts are new
- No Visible cracking at the trans mounts
- No Transmission Leaks
- Transmission Fluid Level is reading perfect and blood red in color
- No notable Pinion slop
- Vacuum to the modulator is solid, although i ordered a new one as there was hints of fluid in the vacuum line

Im thinking it might be the torque converter (i am unsure what converter is currently in the truck), or the TH350 might be in need of a rebuild but i wanted to pick your brains on these symptoms im having.  Its interesting that is just popped up out of the blue, it was driving perfectly one day and then the next its vibrating / shuddering violently on take off.  In my research i haven't come across anyone posting about a shudder this bad.
VileZambonie
August 17, 2024, 08:52:18 AM by VileZambonie
Views: 529 | Comments: 1

Connector Views Updated
August 12, 2024, 07:33:47 PM by SILSquarebody | Views: 741 | Comments: 4

I bought this 86 K5. It has a serpentine belt on the alternator. I dont believe that is stock. It is squeaking real bad. I need to replace it. Can I get a 105 Amp alternator like for a mid 80's camaro and change the pulleys on it from mine? Will that work ok? Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]

* Recent Posts

Re: 84 Jimmy Build by 1981lt1
[Today at 07:45:12 PM]

Re: 84 Jimmy Build by 1981lt1
[Today at 07:40:54 PM]

Re: 81 K10 Build by Mike81K10
[Today at 06:18:35 PM]

Re: Unlock Steering Wheel by bd
[August 30, 2024, 10:46:20 AM]

Re: Unlock Steering Wheel by JohnnyPopper
[August 30, 2024, 09:25:26 AM]