Re: Newbie
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 10:34:52 AM »
You are very welcome

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 10:37:31 AM »
Welcome to the site from Central California!  Southern Mojave or Northwestern Sonoran?

Condolences for your brother.  If this is your first renovation, develop an overall plan with realistic end goals and then divide the project into discrete steps and you'll manage just fine.  Expect occasional delays searching for parts and working out plans for attack.  Renovations are nearly always a test of patience and perseverance.  I think you will find our family to be supportive and helpful.

Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline carmen77

• Registered Users
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2020, 11:10:24 AM »
Thank you Bd!

My primary residence is Orange County (Huntington Beach) my secondary residence is near Palm Springs - Mojave desert and that’s where I keep the truck and all of my other passion projects. It’s my creative outlet residence. Lol

Thank you for your advice regarding plan of attack.

So far since I’m still a little nervous I have been reading and researching and watching many videos. I have also been scooping up as many needed replacement parts that I can get my hands on. Mostly focusing on functional and cosmetic items....Knobs, switches, bezels etc.

The truck is in good sound running and operating condition.

My challenge right now is where and when to start with the exterior.

I’m so glad I found this forum and feel so welcomed by the community. I look forward to learning from seasoned pros who share common goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BADGE73

• 1973 Cheyenne Super C20 Camper Special
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »
Welcome and I am sorry for your loss. I also am doing a restoration on a 73' Cheyenne in memory of a loved one. My grandfather passed and he left his truck to me, something I had wanted since I was a little kid.

As for exterior, I started there as well and I replaced my grill with a new one and man did it make it look way cleaner! However, I am focusing all my attention on the interior as of right now. These guys/gals are great on here, so welcome!

-Badge
"Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved."

Offline carmen77

• Registered Users
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2020, 02:52:51 PM »
Thank you Badge73 and I’m sorry for your loss as well.

Prior to your message to me I had read your post about getting your grandfathers truck. What a great gift! I really like your truck and love that you want to keep it true to its original look. I would do the same if I had inherited one.  Since I bought mine specifically to honor my brother, my plans are to restore it in a way that I know he would have appreciated and been proud of me for and still stay true to my style...he would expect nothing less from his little sister!

If my memory is correct and likely it isn’t lol but I believe I read you have the truck in Washington state? Sorry if that’s wrong could have been a different post. I only ask because I grew up in Seattle.

Best of luck to you with your truck!

Offline JohnnyPopper

• Old Goof
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2020, 03:09:23 AM »
Nice looking truck, welcome to the journey of square body guys and gals!

Need to stop the rust in the front of your hood. Ping me for product info. I have the same prob.

1957 Apache 3100 235 Inline 6, 3 on the tree
1973 C-20, 3+3 454 4BBL TH400  Water Injection
1978 K-10, 350 4BBL TH350 NP203 M.M. Part time Kit/Hubs
1980 C-10 under construction

Offline carmen77

• Registered Users
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2020, 09:25:57 AM »
Thank you JohnnyPopper!

Offline Powerhouse

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2021, 09:48:10 PM »
Great Looking '73!   How is the process coming along so far?

Offline carmen77

• Registered Users
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »
Thank you!

It’s been slow but steady. Here is a link that shows some of my progress.

I know someone who has your trucks twin! Are you keeping it the original color?

73 C20 Progress
 https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=15802&share_tid=38435&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum%2E73-87chevytrucks%2Ecom%2Fsmforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D38435&share_type=t&link_source=app

Offline carmen77

• Registered Users
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 10:02:31 PM »
Here’s the twin except it’s a 73 C30

Offline carmen77

• Registered Users
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2021, 10:04:15 PM »
Sorry for the double
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:22:13 PM by carmen77 »

Offline Powerhouse

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2021, 10:23:18 AM »
Yes, Carmen, keeping it the original color! It is coded as Hawaiian Blue and Frost White.  Lived in Maui for awhile, so the Hawaiian Blue has to stay.   I will need to paint the hood and the tailgate in the near future.   

Wow, those door panels you made are phenomenal! Very impressive.  I am turning my attention next to the door panels and considering my options. I found those seats off craigslist for a great price. American made, so they should last.  I want to match them with something custom.

Rode a motorcycle all the way around Lake Michigan 5 summers ago.  The Upper Peninsula was awesome. Rode up as high as Marquette, at the edge of Lake Superior. Amazing Country.

Your project is progressing very nicely.

Offline carmen77

• Registered Users
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2021, 10:44:43 AM »
Good move on keeping the original color! I can’t say the same for my truck

Your ride around Lake Michigan sounds like an amazing adventure and you are right it’s beautiful there especially where you rode.  Sometimes I miss it there for nostalgic reasons and of course family but you can’t beat the California weather.  My family/friends have been pressuring me to visit this upcoming summer...we shall see lol

Thank you for the compliment on the door panels. Your seats instantly reminded me of one of my design choices for my door panels that would compliment your seats very nicely.

I look forward to your progress.

Offline Powerhouse

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2021, 12:03:57 PM »
Considering additional designs!   Box is full!