Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Buy yourself them there braided trans cooler lines. You can loop em any which way you need to and they're cheap $$$
if running inline I always run trans to rad cooler, then to rad to external if you can mount it at the front.
GM ran all of them that way when they did HD trans cooler. 
I am currently rerunning my Turbo truck remote as there is no room at the front with the Rad, AC and Intercooler. (pics will be posted)
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Towing questions
« Last post by Captkaos on Today at 03:54:40 PM »
As long as you don't compare it to a newer truck it will be fine.  Biggest cooler you can get as heat is the obvious killer or autos.

Not really sure what you are asking in item 1...
Instrumentation / Re: Tachometer for 81 Chevy k10
« Last post by Captkaos on Today at 03:51:14 PM »
RPM on the right, speedo left, all of these require wiring to a control box.
This is both the Dakota and LS wiring in my personal truck http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=12120.60
It is very simple process and comes with all the required sensors

VHX Style:

79-87(91) RTX style:

HDX Style:
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 02:44:25 PM »
Hard to make out! Does the large gauge on right in the RTX-79C-PU have the RPM? Also does the stock harness connect to these or do you have to do some rewiring?
Being in AZ, that's never been a consideration for me...I get a choice, hot, or hotter.
I have always run from the transmission, to the external cooler, back into the radiator cooler, then back into the transmission. I have this on all of my automatic vehicles and have never had an issue in 30 years. I do think however, that it might matter in what climates you are running your vehicles. If you run in cold climates it might help to warm the fluid up a bit before you dump it back into your transmission. That is the theory anyways. I have never tested it with actual transmission temp gauges. There are aftermarket thermostatic control valves that will bypass the cooler until the fluid reaches a certain temperature. Derale and Improved Racing make them, I know.
« Last post by Captkaos on Today at 10:19:17 AM »
Can you tell me where I can get a good quality Tach that will fit where the clock is located? That would be awesome! How about the forum store?

They dont make a small tach for the smaller locations, just a fuel for the small side and a tach to replace the large fuel gauge.
We dont currently sell the factory replacement style gauges, we sell Dakota Digital Gauges instead: http://store.73-87chevytrucks.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=7&Category_Code=7G
Engine/Drivetrain / Towing questions
« Last post by 1980K20 on Today at 09:30:54 AM »
Hi, is been ages since i last posted.  My 1980 k20 is running great!  One oil leak at spedo sensor is it, and rebuild the window crank on the passenger.  She’s good!

I’m about to buy a car hauler for my other project, 52 international.  I figure it’s about 7500 pounds, but will be rated for 10,000 pounds.  Motor is torquey, plenty for a few towsper year.

1. I wired 30a to the 12v for electric brakes.  Is that sufficient?

2. I have a rebuilt, with heavier parts, th350 in it.  We’re geared way down since it’s k20.  Nice transmission cooler up front.  Any concerns or things i should be worried about?

Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10