Author Topic: another stereo question  (Read 3221 times)

Offline sbx22

• Registered Users
  • 1974 1/2 ton 350 sbc
another stereo question
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:37:32 AM »
I want some tunes in the truck. I really don't want to cut it up, which means I'm having to shop for a shaft style stereo. what's the best high performance shaft stereo out there? I've been doing some research, but have only come up with Pyle and Dual stereos. Anybody have experience with these?

Offline firefighter

• Frequent Member
Re: another stereo question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:38:48 AM »
I want some tunes in the truck. I really don't want to cut it up, which means I'm having to shop for a shaft style stereo. what's the best high performance shaft stereo out there? I've been doing some research, but have only come up with Pyle and Dual stereos. Anybody have experience with these?

The owner of the site here sells shaft style radios for our trucks. His screen name is Captkaos and you could contact him directly.
You will also find them on Flea-Bay.
I just faced your same situation. I cut the dash and installed a nice system. The shaft style ones are soooooooo expensive. You can get way more radio for a lot less money if you cut the dash.

This is just me talking so take it with a grain of salt, but hey, it was free.    ;D

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: another stereo question
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:46:41 AM »
     Reproduction stereo's are expensive because they target the market for those who do not want to cut there dash and want something that looks factory with better than factory quality. 
     There are several threads on here that people who did not want to cut their dash's mounted a stereo somewhere else.  That could be a option for you also.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom