Author Topic: radio cutting in and out  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Blaize

• New Users
radio cutting in and out
« on: October 11, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
I have an 84 GMC LWB 350sbc. I've recently replaced my distributor from a HEI ESC to a MSD street fire HEI with new new cab, rotor coil, spark plug wires, spark plugs everything. Since I have done this I have had issues with my radio not working properly when the the engine is running. It's fine when engine is off. (Aftermarket kenwood radio ive had in there for 3 years) It cuts in and out but it's not a constant. It will work for a minute or it won't last 2 seconds with out acting up. It does it no matter if I'm playing a cd, radio, or my phone. It's not a whine from the alt. I have checked every ground MULTIPLE TIMES! I've even ran 3 new one just to make sure. I've replaced the distributor with a different one that's just HEI and still does the same. I'm not want to go back with ESC for performance reason. I've rerun hot wires directly to the battery and still does the same. Shielded the radio it's self and nothing. Can someone help me or have run into this before? I can seem to make it stop.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: radio cutting in and out
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 02:16:30 PM »
Check the ground on the radio and on the antennea leads

Offline Blaize

• New Users
Re: radio cutting in and out
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 03:05:03 PM »
I have! I've done done EVERY ground I can think of and find. That's why I can't seem to understand it.