Author Topic: My reveiw of the Mile Marker NP203 conversion kit  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Godgunsrocknroller

My reveiw of the Mile Marker NP203 conversion kit
« on: May 26, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
I bought this kit for $60 at auto zone. It can be found online for a little bit cheaper, but I had $50 gift cards to auto zone. The kit comes in a tiny box so small I thought the parts wouldn't fit in it. It comes with 4 wedge gears, new gasket for back part of t-case, and a cirular bearing with 2 thick washers and 2 small washers. The instructions weren't very good or detailed at all, but I knew mostly what I was doing. Dissasembly was a breeze (watch out for those needle bearings that fall out!) Assembly was a bit tougher. I had to take apart the planetary gear and exchange the spider gears with the wedge gears, the pictures on the instructions had a totally different planetary gear from mine so they didn't really help. Another thing was that my planetary gear was a two peice bolt together, and the wedges were so big that the two peices wouldn't go together, so I had to grind the outside of the wedges down. The needle bearing are also hard to get to stay together, so you must use assembly lube or wheel bearing grease is what I used. I threw it all back together now and it works great, despite the low quality instructions. The gasket was also broken in two places which didn't make me too happy. I would give this kit a 3 out of 5.