Author Topic: Another Inline Tubes Horror Story  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Doppleganger

Another Inline Tubes Horror Story
« on: April 08, 2021, 09:52:17 AM »
Just posting this so anyone thinking of dumping alot of money on prebent kits from Inline Tubes vs bending their own (or buying them elsewhere) can think on it. Bought a stainless set of fuel lines from Inline Tubes. Upon attempting to install these (85 K20), realized the dual tank crossover pipes are 2-3" short per side....but a little longer hoses can fix that. The vent pipe is about 6" too long and the bends are actually backwards/opposite in some areas. Best part is the main supply/return lines. A series of short pieces with crimped fittings and short sections of pipe that in no way fit or form to this truck...at all. They could be from a Dodge Dakota for all I know. They send a bag of unions....NONE of which fit any of the fittings on this pile of short pipes. ?! I have a friend who is an ASE mechanic of almost 40 yrs. He's replaced many lines in many vehicles. He comes over and is stumped. Says that either their template is way off (he was more colorful than that) or these are parts from other kits. I send side by side pics of the lines and the brain trust at Inline insists these will fit - tough luck. So $400 blown out the door, plus whatever I have to spend to buy new lines and bend my own. The combined lengths of all these 'pieces' aren't even close to the length of the truck.

And fwiw.....I ordered the kit THEY recommended (not that I got that anyways).

Just read their reviews, especially in the last year. Wrong or defective parts sent out; YOU pay shipping and restocking fee to send back. This wasn't just me (which I would but they wont take them back either).

Suppose I'll get in trouble here for posting this, but someone has to know before blowing $ they dont have to lose either.

Offline DanMcG

• Registered Users
Re: Another Inline Tubes Horror Story
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 02:30:31 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, I planned on using them but I'll have to rethink my 78 brake project now.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 04:51:45 AM »
Prebent anything, rarelyy fits right in my experience. If it's a frame off build, and you have no obstacles in the way, they can be a great option but a better option is an investment into tube nut assortments (Metric and SAE), adapters, rolls of nickel-copper, a good bender, and a hydraulic flaring tool. Now you can make anything you need for life.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline ChrisD

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 02:52:19 AM »
Hi,
i also boght a stainless steel power brake kit there for my 78 short bed. I didn‘t installed it my selv, but my mechanic didn‘t tell anything about any issue.
The only problem i had was to send it to germany, because they only send to usa an canada.. so i had to use an import service

Forgot, one little problem. Since the kit was installed, the truck rear brakes had to much power.
We had the option to experiment with other brake distribution blocks but decided to install a brake power regulator for the rear brake lines.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 04:24:44 AM by ChrisD »
1978 Chevy C10 short bed with 250i6 and manual 3speed Saginaw
German us-car/truck newbie

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 04:03:11 PM »
Used the stainless fuel and brake lines on my build (as cam be seen on my thread). Only had a couple of minor issues. Overall, I am happy with them.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Doppleganger

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 08:14:59 AM »
So just before this mess developed, I order a bag of bolts and brake hardware - was late after hours. The site was very slow. Would almost time out on every page. Wound up placing 2 identical orders - only realized this when I got 2 confirmations. Called them when they opened and guy said he couldnt stop the order (even though he admits its still in THEIR warehouse).

So I returned it. They received it 3 weeks ago and still no refund. Have emailed them 4x and no reply.

More happy customers: https://www.yelp.com/biz/inline-tube-shelby-township-2

Brake lines I got are usable - not perfect but close enough. This fuel line mess and how they are dealing with it shows their business m.o. Caveat emptor.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:52:04 AM by Doppleganger »