Author Topic: Experiences with intellitronix gauge kits??  (Read 2952 times)

Offline 74ChevyK20

Experiences with intellitronix gauge kits??
« on: June 18, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »
I know this question has been asked before, but for those who have experience with the intellitronix gauge clusters I am very interested in honest feedback of how they work and if you recommend them. My stock cluster is in very poor shape and does not work and I really like the price for the digital cluster, but if it is just a waste of money I will figure something else out. So please, any info and opinions are welcome.

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline 74ChevyK20

Re: Experiences with intellitronix gauge kits??
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 01:03:38 PM »
The install is not what worry’s me, I’m interested to hear about how well they work over more long term

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 03:52:01 PM »
i installed this Cyberdyne Speedo/Tach combo back at 08.  i think Cyberdyne and Intellitronix are either made by the same company or IS the same company.  In other words, i think the gauges are identical.

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=8374.0

i am recently having problems with the speedo part of the gauge----it occasionally goes haywire.  Since the tach part continues to work just fine i suspect it might
be the sender, not the gauge.

So, i will try a GPS sender or switch to AutoMeter.

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 03:56:01 PM »
P.S.
i read somewhere that the engineers that started Intellitronix/Cyberdyne originally worked on the dash for the 84 Corvette, which i believe was the first gm car to have digital gauges?