Author Topic: low vac switch question  (Read 1371 times)

Offline shortchevy84

low vac switch question
« on: September 18, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
what tests can be done to the low vacuum switch to make sure its operating properly. i can't find a wiring diagram or a theory of operation on it anywhere. i know its supposed to see low vacuum and then tell the torque to unlock. but i need to find a way to simulate that or test it otherwise. i want to test it because i have troubles with my new engine and new transmission combo and need to eliminate a few potential causes. it bogs down in 3rd and then shifts early, around 2500 rpm by my guess. its a 700r4. the shifts are smooth and crisp. the trans is not slipping at all. but i would like to do a test to verify that the torque isn't locking up for some strange reason. i noticed no difference when driving it with it unplugged. still bogged down and still seemed to shift at the same points. i would really like to get this done soon, as its getting too cold. and i don't want to waste the warranty on my transmission or engine. the combo only has maybe 1000 miles on it now. thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:15:16 AM by shortchevy84 »