Author Topic: finally got my truck back on the road but....  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
finally got my truck back on the road but....
« on: May 15, 2010, 01:43:35 AM »
well it started as a problem with the Detroit locker the teeth on it were slipping causing it not to catch posi some times it would lock up sometimes it wont so i went a head and slipped a open back in it just to be able to drive it again i missed her. well after getting the rear back together i had to grind down the wedges for the springs something we didn't see before we put it back together was the wedges weren't even close to being flat, it let the axle to wrap eather way forwards or revers so i grounded them down now all is good with them. but finally got it running and took it for a test drive with open pipes sounded finnnnnnnnnnnne let me tell ya. parked it went to start it back up but it was too far advanced so i went to retard it a little and it seamed like it lost spark checked the wires all was fine took the breather off to get a better look at everything and saw some vapors comming out of the carb and heard what sounded like a relaxing water fall. well it wasn't relaxing cause i think my pins were stuck open in the carb causing it to flood the engine causing it not to start. so i pinched the fuel line off waited a couple min and tapped the carb a couple times with a small hammer ;D really wanted to bash it but i calmed down by then and now all is fine but now I'm stuck with a open diff for a little bit till i can convince the wify i broke this one lol ::)
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes