Author Topic: 82 engine resto/body, interior work  (Read 13411 times)

Offline Bowtie Bomber

• Registered Users
  • Rolling American Iron
Re: 82 engine resto/body, interior work
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 10:24:29 PM »
Hey Bomber!   Great project!  I am enjoying looking along through your progress on this project.   Be sure to keep us posted of how it comes along.

Very curious as to what your fans are mounted to  ???  I did a dual electric fan project in my truck too, but my mounts are clearly different.  I am running a dual relay setup in mine, with a toggle lighted switch in the cab.  It is currently not hooked up for a thermostatic switch but the wiring and sensor are in place...

Check out this thread if interested.  I'd like a bit more detail on your mounts just out of curiosity...
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=6067.msg30827#msg30827

Keep up the great work! 
The way mine work is kinda like how a zip tie works. each fan has 4 flanges with mounting holes and the fan kit comes with 4 long plastic rods with flat head and 4 lockers. The long nail looking plastic piece goes threw the flange mounting hole in the fan and goes all the way threw the radiator to the other side. Then a locker piece goes on the back and basically snugs up the fan to the radiator. And there's a spring that binds against the head of the plastic nail thing (I know there's a word for it but I don't know what it is  ::)) to take up slack. You can see the springs and the head of the plastic in the pictures.

I think Advanced Auto has a page on how it works on they're website. If not, look up Imperial fans on google and see what they have.

But hey I'll take close up pictures for yah tommaro if I can to help explain it.

And thanks guys, I've been busting my tail on this thing and spending every check on it.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 10:26:57 PM by Bowtie Bomber »
My truck is my flying fortress, the road is my sky, and Toyota's are the enemy bunkers that need a busting.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 07:23:30 AM »
Looks like the fans are mounted directly to the radiator like a cooler.

What's the part # on those coil overs?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Bowtie Bomber

• Registered Users
  • Rolling American Iron
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 11:56:48 PM »
Looks like the fans are mounted directly to the radiator like a cooler.

What's the part # on those coil overs?
Sorry for taking so long Vile, I've been real busy and I can't find the model numbers. They are monroe senstrac coil overs.

Anyways, on with the long awaited update!

Ok, first off, I took out the old cracked windshield, took off the fenders and hood for body work/paint. I've lifted the cab and bed. Mainly because I have to have a DMV lady come out to make sure I have the title for the cab and frame and make sure the vin's on the titles match the numbers on the cab and frame them selfs. It's taken 2 weeks off of the build so I've been pushed back when it comes to getting this thing closer to being done.

painted the fenders black for now, later on I will paint them the gold and red two tone as seen on the passenger fender in previous pictures.

Fenders off

Did some finishing body work

With the fenders and hood back on

And fixed up my old rims.
Before:

After:

And just for laughs, I had an extra bowtie emblem from my old grille and decided to put it to good use..

And my grandpa drove all the way home without knowing.. in fact, it's still on there.  ;D

Well that's all for now, I should have it all wrapped up at the end of the week. *crosses fingures*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 12:01:35 AM by Bowtie Bomber »
My truck is my flying fortress, the road is my sky, and Toyota's are the enemy bunkers that need a busting.