Author Topic: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)  (Read 254301 times)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Re: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2015, 08:51:27 AM »
Greetings, I probably should have posted here months ago. The name is Dave, I live in MA (no where near Boston). I have always been a Chevy guy. First vehicle was a 1970 chevelle, then a 79 camaro z28. I bought a ford f-350 a couple years ago, restored it and sold it for a good amount, then I bought a 1977 Bonanza the same day and never looked back. I often ask dumb questions on this site just for fun, i can pull a motor rebuild it and put it back in...but then i'll ask questions on how to install a rear bumper-  that's just how it is. You'll see on the bottom of my post a bible verse, so, yes I am a Christian and God's word is my final authority for all living and life matters. My truck is one of my hobbies, not my idol, although if I could park it in my living room i would, haha. I work for the U.S. Govt. I am a federal officer with the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, kind of like a game warden except with agriculture (plants/animals). My office is in Tolland, CT, 10 min. up the road from Vile, and yes I do brag about that, lol. Anyway, March 2016 will be one year of being a 73-87 member. This is a great family oriented site, glad to be here. My next big project/purchase is a k series, i need a 4x4 for the rough winters here in new england. I just restored (not a frame off) my 77 Bonanza and would love to be able to garage for the winter after I paint it...except I just need a garage. Oh yeah, i'm married with two kids, fun-fun..
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline JasonD45

« Reply #391 on: January 28, 2016, 06:06:36 PM »
Hey all, I'm new here. I have an 87 Silverado long bed, with an 8 inch lift. I'm married with one baby, from Long Island New York. I also have a 2008 trailblazer ss, 2005 magnum r/t, and a car I don't like. My name is Jason, or Jay.  I'll post a picture of my truck once I figure out how!

Offline Gunnz133

• New Users
« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2016, 12:22:01 PM »
Hello all, I'm just stopping in to introduce myself. My name is Jeremy, I go by Gunnz the nickname I earned in the military. I am 35 live in NE Georgia, small town of Hartwell about 45 mins north of Athens and 2 hours N of Atlanta. I work as a troubleshooter, read as maintenance, for Michelin North America. I've turned wrenches since I was 14 and enjoy fixing things. I have 2 daughters 7 and 14, twice divorced. Certified on Gas, Diesel, and alternative fuel engines. I'm newish to the older full size trucks. I just purchased a 79 C-30 454  3 speed auto. Looking to make some upgrades to her. I also own a 86 full size Bronco 302 auto trans, a 66 C-10, and my daily gas saver a 09 Jetta S.

Offline Burkhalter

« Reply #393 on: April 12, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
Hello I'm Seth I am about 20 minutes to the south west of Medford. I am 23 not married and don't have kids. I just started dating a girl that lives two and a half hours away in Anderson. I grew up hunting, fishing, camping and going on short term missions trips. I am a follower of Jesus Christ which is my savior. I joined this forum about 3 months ago. I know enough to work on my own personal vehicles and make it look like I know what I'm talking about. Many of the kids I hangout with call me Ron Swanson. At the fire station they call me belt buckle. For me to consider camping to be camping you need to hike in a good 3 miles. Then you can look for a stream or mountain lake to put your pole in and setup your tent. I have an 85 K10 with a 361 and sm 465. My grandfather bought it new. Once he hit 100,000 miles he pulled the 300 out and built the 361 that's in it with my dad. Right now it has 490,300 miles on it. I recently pulled the motor to reseal the oil pan and look at the lower end to see how it was doing and I figured I might as well replace the oil pump while I was in there. My email is burkhalter.1992@gmail.com
Oh and my 3 favorite foods are sushi, cheese and crackers and burgers. If you're ever in town there's a little burger joint called Jaspers. Get the bushranger. The patty is made from camel, which is probably some of the best meat you will ever taste. Followed by cow and then kangaroo.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:07:19 PM by Burkhalter »
'85 Chevy K10 361ci sm465

Offline Jspeed1987

« Reply #394 on: December 06, 2016, 08:01:44 AM »
Hello everyone my name is John 29 years live about 15miles north of dayton TX. I'm married and we have 3 kids daughter 8, two sons 5 & 3. My daily driver in 1998 Chevy K 1500. My project is a 1979 Chevy C 10 short will base fleet side  I figured this fourum would be a great place to keep my project keep moving little bit at a time I'm always open to advice or suggestions

Thanks
For having me
John

Offline kddestefanis

« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2017, 08:22:20 PM »
Hey guys,

Just stopping in to introduce myself. My name is Kyle, I'm 27 years old and live in Florida. I just purchased my first square body Chevy this past week. Its a 1983 Chevy C10 with a ZZ4 350 crate motor. Learning as I go with this truck. I picked it up in Georgia and drove it about 600 miles to get it home, stopping in different towns along the way to break the trip up. Its been a great truck so far. Looking forward to getting to know you all and and most of all learning from you.

Offline bjwx2

• New Users
« Reply #396 on: February 04, 2017, 05:10:11 PM »
Hi all,
Name is Bob, just started restoring 1985 S-10 Std cab, looking forward to maybe finding some good advice
and hard to find parts here.

Offline Fourxbob

« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »
Just another Bob here. Bought my '84 GMC high sierra K1500 back in 2003, put her through the ringer. Now motor is out of an '85 chevy who knows what. It's a 305 for sure. Tranny is a 350 turbo with a shift kit from a 77-79 and transfer case is an np203 from the same year. Its sat in the yard for over 7 years and just got it goin again. Needs alot of work. Wife totaled the car a month ago so I had no choice but to start driving it.
 Rebuilt the quadrajet carburetor. New feul pump, wheelbearings, seals, axle bearings,  all new ujoints. Having trouble with the centering yoke on the front driveshaft. Got some leads on here that I still need to check out. Just installed a new thermostat and water pump today. Got to foolin around with my timing without using my timing light. Bad mistake. Guess I'll be doing that tomorrow.
Good luck with your projects. I know I need. Lol

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Offline Watson210

« Reply #398 on: February 21, 2017, 10:22:17 PM »
Hey all! Name is Tim. I'm 24 years old. I work for an IT company out of Pittsburgh, PA. Just got my 86 K10 back in November 2016. Got a 350, 350 turbo trans, rough country 6" lift kit, sitting on Bart Super Truckers and 33's. Just put on Hooker 2453HKR headers, plugs & wires, and working on the rest of the exhaust this weekend.

Offline dbolen3

« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2017, 10:52:09 PM »
Hello everyone my name is David and I live in Conway, SC near Myrtle Beach. I just moved here about a year ago because the wife was tired of the cold and wanted to be near the water so I said let's go. I travel for my job installing optical equipment that makes eyeglasses and go all over the US. I am not home much but try to keep up with the site as much as I can because I am up late every night.

I am originally from Roanoke, VA and have owned 3 square bodies and presently have a 1987 R10 2wd long bed with a 305 and dual tanks. I bought it over 6 years ago and have been fixing it up slowly as money allows. I have replaced all the suspension parts and had the tranny rebuilt with new 343 gears in the rear and she runs good with 170,000 miles on the original motor. It is my daily driver and will take it anywhere.

I look forward to talking with everyone and will be glad to help when I can with what I know and have come across while working on my truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BlazerNerd97

« Reply #400 on: March 07, 2017, 01:22:41 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Symon Bootsma. I live in a small town called Newberry Springs about 30 minutes East of Barstow, California between the I-15 and I-40 freeways. I currently am still going to college working on getting my Business Degree. I'm almost 20 years old, only a couple months off. I spend my summer working on the family farm, however, this coming summer I am going to try and get a job again working for the well-drilling company I worked for when I was 17.

I currently own three square body trucks because they are my whole life. They consist of a 1975 C10 Cheyenne, a 1983 C30 C&C Sierra, and a 1990 Silverado Blazer. I am looking to invest in two other squares (a 1984 M1009 CUCV and a 1976 K30 dually). I was for sure going to invest in a 1976 K20, but I found I my brother bought it while I was gone...I'll get it off of him. He knows I love square bodies. I'm hoping to learn a lot here ant to be able to expand my knowledge on these vehicles as I do not know too terribly much about them.
Throw me to the wolves, and I will come back leading the pack.

Offline Al-Haqq

« Reply #401 on: March 28, 2017, 04:43:13 PM »
Hello everyone I'm D. And I'm new to the group. Ive been reading a lot of the messages in the forums, and have learned a lot, but have way more questions. I own a 1986 Chevy C10 2wd, with a 350 in it. I bought it 2yrs ago for $800, and have done nothing to it but drive the heck out of if. Lately I've come to grips that since I'm not in a position to buy a new truck, I should fix the one I have.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:08:24 PM by Captkaos »

Offline GotIPA

• New Users
« Reply #402 on: March 29, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »
Hi All,

I'm Amanda from Idaho and I know nothing about trucks! Yep, 35 and no kids. Since high school I've dreamt about owning an early Bronco and have been a big fan of loud trucks and fast cars. In recent years I've decided it's time I learn how engines work. So I recently made the leap and I've got a 1975 Chevy Cheyenne K20 that needs a lot of work but she drives strong. She's got a bit of rust and she isn't very pretty but to me she's perfect. I've been doing lots of reading on here and it's inspiring! Seeing as how none of the gauges work I figure I will start there and eventually get myself welding (borrowing the roommates welder) to patch some rust areas around the wheels. And after some tinkering I hope to get a decent, cheap paint job on her. I plan on using her as a truck and mountain vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 2dudes1wrench

« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »
Zach, 25, Married 1 kid.

My '83 c10 was my first truck and has been in the family since 2001. My friend CJ and I recently started a Youtube channel called "2dudes1wrench" we are recording the entire build of the pick up. I'm happy to finally join this form and learn from all of you!

Offline whiskey101

• New Users
« Reply #404 on: July 10, 2017, 08:11:23 PM »
Hi my name is Chris.i live in the south and my truck is a 1983 k10 with 98k original miles.restoring it little by little.Suspension was modified but eng, trans, and axles all original.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:33:38 PM by bd »