Author Topic: Back to square one..bouncing truck  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Silver78ado

Back to square one..bouncing truck
« on: February 07, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »
i just rebuilt the internals of my 78K10 12 bolt rear.the pinion shaft bolt broke .and let the pinion bar come out and tear up jack.i thought this was the problem causing my truck to bounce..well i took it out for a test drive today...and the same thing it's like it is riding on a flat tire but the tires preasures are fine could a busted shock or a broken belt in the tire make it act like that i'm stumped.any suggestions would be great.or did i put the rear back together wrong it was pretty cut and dry though no probs.and no vibrations.just thud thud.the u joints are new also..Thanks guys for any help.

Offline PaulCline

Re: Back to square one..bouncing truck
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
lift both front tires off the ground, then try to turn the wheels back and forth while watching the idler arm. If it moves up and down noticably, that needs to be replaces, watch the pitman arm as well, to see if there is movement there. Use a set of channel locks, and squeeze the tie rod ends where they attach to the steering knuckls and center link. If you can get those to move at all, they need to be replaced. A loose front suspension will cause some pretty nasty bouncing and vibration.