Author Topic: current projects?  (Read 7254 times)

Offline gearhead

current projects?
« on: September 28, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »
Hey Guys and Gals....Lets hear about your projects. I'm working on an '87 Chevy 1/2 ton shorty. I plan on a mild lower, cowl hood, shaved and rolled look with a 383  backed up with a 4 or 5 speed. I may go with a 355 I'm eying up, but cash flow will dictate. I'm going to keep the factory rallys (black powder coat) and go for the clean look. I've completely boxed the frame and plan on building a custom stainless rear tank, equall length headers and an aluminum rad.
    :hat  

Offline 79Blues

Re: current projects?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »
I'm trying to get my truck to stop burning oil.

Offline bigblock73

• Yeller
here is mine
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »
Jeff

'73 swb 2wd

73-87.com

Offline 1tonswb

project
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 08:12:00 PM »
currentally doing a 67 swb. I got a extra 454 laying around that will go in it. Trans will be t-350 with a 205 case. Axles are 60 front and 14 bolt rear. Also rear disc and crossover steering. Lift is 8 inch superlift (all spring) and thinking about runnin the new 38 inch IROC swampers. I work at a very large 4wheel drive shop and weve had really good luck with the new IROC's. Of course the truck will have a vintage air ac system. Ill have to build the bumpers and the ladder bars but thats no problem. Usual things like onboard air and air bags is on the list also. Dont know what color to paint yet. Thinking about a bright orange.

Offline greatwhite

Re: project
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 10:57:00 AM »
Well my current project has been the going on for a few years now.  I have an 87 3/4 ton silverado reg cab 8' bed, 4x4.  The body is in perfect condition no rot no rust, some new pannels.  Last year i swapped the old blown 350 with 180,000 miles for a 95 LT1 with 80,000 miles on it out of a cop car.  I have headman long tube headers and true dual exaust with a set of flowmaster 40 series.  Sounds great.  currently working on interior here and there when i have a little extra cash.  I just got in all the parts for the front end ( tie rod ends, ball joints etc,etc)  It should be on the road shortly.  I currently have over $10,000 and 2 1/2 years into this project.  Im just waiting to swap the 4sp manual tranny with maybe a 5 sp.  Then maybe i spend a little money on my other project, my 2000 Z28, 6sp, t-tops.

Offline Snuke87chevy

Re: project
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »
My truck is a never ending project!  Its an 87 V10 Custom Deluxe LWB fleetside.  Its got a 350TBI, SM465, NP208 setup.  This summer I had it painted light blue metallic, and I got new BFG 33-12.50's this week.  I've replaced many front end parts, and the next things that I want to do is to tint the windows, get a spray-on bedliner, and fix up the interior.  But those things are on hold until summer I think, gotta pay for the next semester of school first.

Offline aprice

• Registered Users
re projects
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 12:19:00 AM »
I'm working on a 76 chevy k20 on a 76 blazer frame as a mud truck. i got a 350 with a 3-speed on the tree converted to the floor, and a 203 t-case. i got 12.5/16.5 skid steer tires which fling more mud than one could belive

Offline oscarone

• Registered Users
Re: re projects
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 12:15:00 PM »
I'm working on a 77 k10.  7" lift.  35 bfg's.  Still have the danna 44 up front and the 12 bolt in the rear.  Plan on a 60 up front and a 14 bolt in back.  Right now the the lift is all springs, but, will flip the shackles and use a flatter spring to get rid of the blocks in back and help prevent axle wrap.  Of course, cross over steering is part of the plan.  Working on a new paint job now.  It did have a custom paint job when I bought it, but, a delivery truck hit the back and a few months later a van backed into the front fender...fn insurance companies wouldn't pay to fix it the right way so I took the money and ran!  I took out the 350 and put in a 383 with multi spark ignition and headers/dual exhaust/flowmaster 40's.   Also  replaced the "stock"350 tranny with a custom one from Jet Performance.  Still running the 203 with a conversion and seems to work ok, but, would like to put in a double pumper from Offroad Design.  Also, using Offroad designs swaybar correction kit. The interior will be next.  I'll put in a custom insrument pannel and rewire the whole thing.  I've gone thru the front end and replaced ball joints...steering box(agr)  just about everything.  New b&m tranny cooler on and on.  My first concern was to make it reliable.  It is.  I have taken the truck on a few trips back home.  About 500 miles each way thru the desert and never a problem.  I could have bought a new truck for the money I've put into this thing, but, what fun would that be?  

Offline 77bowtie

Re: re projects
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 08:57:00 AM »
The never ending story here. My 77 K-10 is on its way to a "C". Pulled out the M-465 tranny and np-203 TC. Installed a Summit TH-400. Still need to pull the Dana-44 and find a 6-hole disc brake frontend to put back. I've got a 79 Silverado donner truck but its a 5-hole unit, great body except for the front fenders and bent frame. Want to put a fiberglass tilt front fenders & hood on later. Fix a bit of rust on the cab & doors, maybe from the 79. Still looking to put a Crower cam in my 355. I'll say nothing about all I've added & done in the 3 years I've had my truck.

Offline ammmotroop

re projects
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 10:57:00 AM »
This is my first older truck project. My last project was a 2000 S10 that was bagged, shaved, and had custom interior. It was featured in the August '02 issue of Sport Truck magazine. This project is an '85 K10 that originally started as a truck for me to drive to work so my wife could drive the Durango. But you know how that goes. I couldn't leave it alone. As it sits it has a Rough Country 4" lift, Black Rock Crawler 15x8 wheels and 33x12.50 Maxxis Buckshot Mudder tires. I also primed it black for now. I have added an Accel super coil, Accel super stock wires, Bosch Platinum 2 plugs, and an Accel cap and rotor kit.I am also getting ready to buy an Edelbrock Performer 600cfm carb and Performer EPS intake. In the future i would like to paint the frame. Add a Dana 60 and 14 bolt with 6" springs and 36x12.50 Super Swamper radials on 16.5 rims. Also straighten the body and paint it indigo blue metalic.  

Offline 77ChevyC10

Re: Projects
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »
I have been restoring and modifying a 1977 Chevy C10 short wheel base step side. 350 V8, Edelbrock Quadrajet, Headers, Dynomax mufflers w/2.5 inch pipes, lots of chrome, etc. I have been concentrating on the interior..headliner, upholstery, trim..etc. If you want to see it, go to mychevytruck.com and go to galleries and hit the chevron next to year and select 77. Mine is the one titled 1977 Chevy C10. I am learning as I go and having a blast. It was a project for me and my son. Paint is Cadillac white with a pearl finish.

Offline problazer

current project......
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
My latest girl should be done may or June. A 87 two wheel drive Blazer. Yes 87 read on and you will understand......... 90 burb nose, 74 roofline(full top), EVERYTHING shaved. (Marker lights, handles, locks, cowl, tailgate handle, gas door, mirrors, etc. if it stuck out it got chopped off). Molded rear roll pan, radiused door corners, smoothed door jambs and soon to have 3" taken out of the top. Yes she is bagged with a 6" notch and triangulated four link in the rear and 3" front frame slice. So she lays all the way out. I have built hinges for a suicide hood but have not had the time to install. 502 cid w/th400 ready for drop in (as soon as the hood is done. Have to be in the engine compartment to line it all up). Interior is done in grey leather with billet trim. 2001 7 series bmw power leather buckets. Four 7" screens with PS2 for fun. Almost two years of ass bustin work is about to pay off. I change my mind weekly on color so until she is ready to shoot.... who knows what color she will be.   James

Offline 86SilveradoEric

Re: current project......
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »

My project is my daily driver.  Its a 1986 Silverado SWB, with a stock 305.  Its been painted back to the original midnight blue and all the molding replaced.  It has 105K original miles.  I'm currently working on changing the interior from stock vinyl and velour of blue color, to tweed and velour in a light tan color.  Next I'll be adding a rear rollpan, cowl induction hood and a phantom billet grille.  

I also have plans to start prepping it for another paint job, totally redoing it in PPG Dark Blue Pearl with two racing stripes in a pearlescent white.  The stripes will be like this  
And to fit with the new paint, I'll be dropping in an LT1, and dropping the truck 2" all around...then finally slapping on 17" Cragar SS wheels.  What do ya think?  I think its going to be kick ass!  Here is a link to my work so far..

www.cardomain.com/memberpage/434114

Edited by: 86SilveradoEric at: 1/23/04 12:30 am