Author Topic: Whats everyone do for a living?  (Read 38442 times)

Offline Militiaman55

• 74 K10 Cheyenne
Re: Whats everyone do for a living?
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2016, 08:03:44 PM »
LTZ C20,

Good luck on the process.  I have huge respect for anyone willing and able to do the job.  Same to you Irish, be careful and thank you for what you do.  I know how much shoot you guys take and how vital your work is to society.

Rob.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2016, 09:21:15 PM »
I passed up an offer in that area as an enforcement officer with the National Marine Fisheries Service. Big move from MA.

Definitely a big move but would have been cool job.

Yup, US Customs was dragging their feet, so i applied with the NMFS and they were about to fly me out to Ketchikan, which would have sealed it. Customs called at the last minute. Never made it to AK. Some day.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2016, 11:40:49 PM »
I went on a ride-a-long with friend of mine on this past Saturday night, he's a patrol Sergeant for the neighboring counties Sheriff's department to mine, had a total blast. It was a slow night but we still had fun. I need to go out again. I want to go on a ride-a-long with his wife too, she's my mom's best friend. I've known her since I was a little kid. She's on patrol a couple towns over. The two of them are basically extended family.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2016, 11:45:17 AM »
I went on a ride-a-long with friend of mine on this past Saturday night, he's a patrol Sergeant for the neighboring counties Sheriff's department to mine, had a total blast. It was a slow night but we still had fun. I need to go out again. I want to go on a ride-a-long with his wife too, she's my mom's best friend. I've known her since I was a little kid. She's on patrol a couple towns over. The two of them are basically extended family.

Looks like you got things lined up pretty good. Cant beat 20 yr retirement!
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 11:49:43 AM »

Looks like you got things lined up pretty good. Cant beat 20 yr retirement!
I try lol
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Ludwig Von 88

• Mad world.
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2016, 12:48:55 PM »
I work in a prived security society at mobile patrol department.
Ludwig Von 88
1980 Chevy Suburban C20 3/4 ton Scottsdale.

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2016, 01:35:34 PM »
What are your duties?
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Ludwig Von 88

• Mad world.
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2016, 03:18:23 PM »
Alarm response, patrol, most of it in commercial buildings and factory a few in private homes of persons who have big property. I'm operational support for my area, it mean I do the job when it's too much for my team and the rest of the time I check them to provide a good quality service. 
Ludwig Von 88
1980 Chevy Suburban C20 3/4 ton Scottsdale.

Offline aaronboss221

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2016, 08:05:35 PM »
I work in communications. Do everything from old school phone systems to splicing fiber and custom home wiring. My dad and I just started our own business called Manning Technology Services. We have been doing fiber optic conversions lately.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2016, 02:12:59 AM »
Alarm response, patrol, most of it in commercial buildings and factory a few in private homes of persons who have big property. I'm operational support for my area, it mean I do the job when it's too much for my team and the rest of the time I check them to provide a good quality service.
Interesting.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2016, 02:15:09 AM »
I work in communications. Do everything from old school phone systems to splicing fiber and custom home wiring. My dad and I just started our own business called Manning Technology Services. We have been doing fiber optic conversions lately.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
When GM started using fiber optics on the 70's, they were putting it in all kinds of stuff and basically just using it because they can.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline COREY13

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2016, 02:38:39 AM »
I work at Michelin, i am a reliability tech (big term for machine maintenance). I work in the tire verification department, were they basically make sure the tires were built correctly. I have been here for about 2 years.

Before that i worked for a company as an electrician building and testing flight simulators for the army for 3 years. We built Trainers and simulators for the Apache, Blackhawk, and the Chinook helicopters.

And before that, i was in the army. I worked on the armament, avionics, and weapons systems for the Apache helicopter. Im not gonna lie, I like my job now, but even with having to deploy, i still miss the army.
Roll Tide

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2016, 04:44:19 PM »
I work at Michelin, i am a reliability tech (big term for machine maintenance). I work in the tire verification department, were they basically make sure the tires were built correctly. I have been here for about 2 years.

Before that i worked for a company as an electrician building and testing flight simulators for the army for 3 years. We built Trainers and simulators for the Apache, Blackhawk, and the Chinook helicopters.

And before that, i was in the army. I worked on the armament, avionics, and weapons systems for the Apache helicopter. Im not gonna lie, I like my job now, but even with having to deploy, i still miss the army.
Thank you for your service.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline roger97338

• Registered Users
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2016, 05:33:30 AM »
I'm a machinist. I work for a small company located in a tiny town surrounded by farm land. So, in the summer, we have a LOT of farmers bringing broken pieces to us to fix. During the winter, we have fewer of those jobs.

Primarily we sell sprockets and agricultural chain. If you've seen a trailer with a "live bottom," the parts that make the bottom live are what we do.

It isn't exciting, but its the only job I've ever had that I didn't hate getting up in the morning for.

Offline OHNomad

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2016, 07:14:21 PM »
Hey all, some really interesting careers and occupations here!

As for me, I work at Parker Hannifin here in Cleveland OH. Been at Parker 12 years and Eaton 7 years before that. Operations primarily. Moved all over the country in various plants and divisions. This was our 15th move when we came up to OH.

Almost all of the products we make are for motion and control systems (hydraulics, hoses, electromechanical, pneumatic etc).

Love what I do even through it's high travel and high demand. I get to work with a lot of great folks all across the company.

As a hobby, I build Harleys and wrench on whatever I can find. Nice to focus on a mechanical issue or three on a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk