Author Topic: Just need to share this  (Read 4545 times)

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
Just need to share this
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:48:26 PM »
From the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department Facebook Page:
This morning just be 8:30am, Deputy Dennis Wallace was patrolling the Fox Grove fishing access area, which is just outside the City of Hughson. Deputy Wallace informed dispatch that he would be checking on a suspicious van and gave the license plate information to dispatch. A few moments later, dispatch informed Deputy Wallace that the van was a reported stolen car. Deputy Wallace immediately requested another deputy for assistance.
As deputies were responding to assist Deputy Wallace, dispatch attempted to contact him but did not receive a response. The first assisting Deputy arrived on scene within 5 minutes and found Deputy Wallace down with gunshot injuries and called for assistance. Deputy Wallace was transported to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
The suspect in the original stolen van was identified as David Machado.
About 20 minutes after the shooting, Deputies received a call of a carjacking which occurred in the community of Keyes. The victim identified David Machado as the suspect in the carjacking. The stolen van was also found abandon nearby.
David Machado was taking into custody a short time ago. Details of his arrest are not being released at this time.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Wallace family, his friends and all the members of our Sheriff's Department.

This is the piece of scum that murdered Deputy Wallace.

Now this is from me personally.

This incident occurred less then 5 miles from my home. I travel this route all the time, I know exactly where this happened. If I left my house house right now I would be there in 5 minutes flat. I heard and saw the police and ambulances going past my home and I saw the ambulance pass by my home on its way to the hospital with Deputy Wallace in it. My mother works at the hospital where he was sent. My father worked with Deputy Wallace and his brother Dave Wallace when he served with the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department. My girlfriend's neighbor is a sergeant at the Modesto Police Dept. (Biggest city in Stan County, I live in Modesto and am currently hiring with Modesto P.D. and Stanislaus S.O.) I never knew Deputy Wallace personally but I know many people who work for these two agencies here in Stan County who knew Deputy Wallace. He was a very well known and highly regarded member of the community, he was an excellent Deputy. My heart goes out to his family and friends and the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department. I'm also very pleased to say the the suspect HAS BEEN ARRESTED AND IS IN CUSTODY. He will be transported back to the Sheriff's department and will stand trial for Deputy Wallace's murder. He was captured about 2 hours south of here in Tulare county after he tried to commit an armed robbery. He was arrested without incident. I know this is far from a normal post but as I worked today I couldn't help but constantly think about Dennis and how close to home this story is. It is weighing on my heart and I just needed to share it. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support. I plan to hopefully attend his Memorial service.

LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Just need to share this
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
Prayers for Wallace. And prayers for Machado...after they hang'em high in the town common.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline fitz

Re: Just need to share this
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »
LTZ,
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Wallace family.

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 11:21:43 PM »
Prayers for Wallace. And prayers for Machado...after they hang'em high in the town common.
Thank you. Machado doesn't need prayers. He stood trial today, he pled not guilty to armed robbery, grand theft auto, murder on a peace officer and a few other charges. That won't last long tho.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:25:12 PM by LTZ C20 »
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:22:01 PM »
LTZ,
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Wallace family.
Thank you.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 07:14:24 AM »
Yah, LTZ, i agree. With that plea...they'll be a HEAVY price to pay.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »
Yesterday they transported Deputy Wallace from the county morgue to a local mortuary here in town. He was given full law enforcement procession and salute into the mortuary. His Memorial service is next week.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 01:47:50 AM »
I attended Deputy Wallace's Memorial service today. It was my first LEO Memorial service and it was truly indescribable.

It was held at a church downtown. The main church were Deputy Wallace was, was for the family, Stanislaus County Sheriff's Office staff and as many uniformed officers it could fit. There were 3 more buildings that were for the rest and the public. ALL 4 buildings were PACKED, standing room only and even that was slim and the one I was in was two story. It had to have been two thousand people, half being uniformed. I've never seen so many cops in 1 place. I saw such officers from police and sheriff's departments up and down the state, Highway Patrol, 2 from Chicago PD, 4 from NYPD (1 of whom I met and shook hands with), BNSF Railway Police, Forth Worth Police (Texas). Just way to many to list. I also met a handful of people who my dad worked with when he was a deputy, including our last Sheriff. The service was absolutely amazing. A number of his friends and family (including his brother, active duty Modesto PD) spoke. Our Sheriff awarded  Dennis the Medal of Honor and presented it to his brother along with Dennis's Sheriff's badge. The governor also was present and spoke.

The procession was amazing also. Dennis rode at the front of the pack, his brother riding shotgun and my girlfriend's neighbor (active duty MPD) drove the hearse. There must have been 200 motorcycle units and the same for marked, unmarked and civilian units. The route was amazingly long. It started down town, the made its way down of of our main roads, then went past our airport, then thru the town of Ceres where it then went down and into the town of Hughson where Dennis served and was most recognized, it then looped thru Hughson and back around to then lead to the cemetery. It was long in fact and there were so many cars that they did the grave side service and laid Dennis to rest and the tail end of the procession hadn't yet finished the route.

I was so impressed, in awe and amazed by it all. I'm very grateful for the experience I had today. Today I got a little choked up during the service a few times, but I was able to fend off the tears. If anyone is curious or would like too see pictures and video, please visit www.modbee.com.

LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »
Thanks for posting. Many unfortunate events with LEO's lately.

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 10:51:14 PM »
Thanks for posting. Many unfortunate events with LEO's lately.
It's completely unacceptable.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Just need to share this
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 06:16:13 AM »
I agree, like for that dirtbag machado. He should have been hung in the town common by now. "But he has rights." So did Wallace.

The "system" is such a wuss when it comes to justice and punishment.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:18:54 AM by philo_beddoe »

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 12:07:53 PM »
Well California may start using the death penalty again here soon so we will see.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline redhot1.4

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 05:21:30 PM »
Godbless Wallace and his family thanks for your service

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 11:36:34 PM »
Thanks for your support.
LTZ Cheyenne C20