Author Topic: alternate brake hose  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Starlifter1

• New Users
alternate brake hose
« on: April 16, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
Hi Guys
So I'm in the process of dropping my 73 stepside and I ran into a slight problem you guys might have experienced.  The stock brake hose lower part is angled and hits the upper spindle.  I ordered the Earl's braided lines from Summit racing but stock bolts is too big for the hole ( wrong part maybe ).  Have you guys ever used the   Truck braided lines because that's my next option.
thanks
Willie

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: alternate brake hose
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »
I get all my braided hose from www.inlinetube.com  The main reason it probably doesn't work is because it angle into the caliper instead of away from the caliper.  The probably made it the same as a 4x4 which is wrong.  You typically have to tell them where the connection has to angle.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline 86chevytrk

Re: alternate brake hose
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »
I’m running into this same problem. The og hose was kinked and worn bad so I want to replace it with a stock hose but the fitting angle is still the same. Should I try to bend the tube portion of the fitting to clear the drop spindle? It doesn’t seem like much but what’s everyone doing to get by this issue?

Update:
I searched all over and found the fix to this problem...
1. Remove the caliper from the spindle
2. Install the new brake hose to the caliper and reinstall
3. Grab a pry tool or a large screwdriver and slowly bend the hose fitting out enough to clear the spindle.
4. Bleed the brakes
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:12:40 PM by 86chevytrk »