Author Topic: wire identification  (Read 6785 times)

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: wire identification
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 09:28:26 AM »
Welcome to the site!

Left and right are always from the driver's perspective - left is driver side, right is passenger side.  Does the HVAC blower work on high?  What are the wire colors in the two plugs (some of the wires are obstructed in the posted image)?
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Matt_lngoerp

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 12:09:27 PM »
No the blower does not work on high it does however work on the first three and the exit just to the driver side of the HVAC box

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 02:21:56 PM »
With that in mind, the 10-gauge red wire with the ring terminal end is probably the B+ feed to the high blower relay.  If you have a DVOM check for B+ on the red wire at the blower relay.  If it's dead, jumper the ring terminal to the firewall junction block and recheck for voltage on the red wire in the blower relay connector.  If the red wire proves to be the relay feed, then the green wires feed the A/C low pressure cycling switch and idle solenoid.
Rich
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!

Offline Matt_lngoerp

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »
Sweet I will check when I get home OK so now I have a few more electrical problems 1 on the wire harness what color wires feed what gauge ......None of my gauges work and would like to keep all factory gauges 2 my fuel gauge didn't work when I got the truck fuel gauge didn't work I pulled bed off well the pink wire on sender was unplugged I plugged it in and fuel gauge worked perfect well I went to put gas in it after that tank was empty and when I got back in gauge was on empty I tried a different gauge and same prob idk what is going on with it

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 06:00:40 PM »
For details on wiring colors and connections, download the 1986 Wiring Manual to your PC.

If none of the gauges work, begin by checking the fuses.  If the fuse is good, unplug the tank sending unit.  Does the gauge swing past Full to ~3:00 o'clock?
Rich

Offline Matt_lngoerp

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 04:35:26 AM »
Someone cut the wires outta the truvk so I have about 6 inches of wire by the firewall

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 07:31:22 AM »
the pink wire is cut?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Matt_lngoerp

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 05:42:17 PM »
No the pink wire is there but all the others for the gauges are temp oil press and im guessing the volt gauge are all cuti have no gauges

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »
Voltmeter connections are all internal to the cab, behind the instrument cluster.  Engine coolant temp wiring is dark green, engine oil pressure is brown.  Have you looked at the factory wiring manual I linked or had a chance to try any of the suggestions for the fuel gauge?
Rich