Author Topic: Lower Ball Joint problem SOLVED  (Read 3386 times)

Offline markolson

• Graybeard
Lower Ball Joint problem SOLVED
« on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:20 PM »
My son ordered all new suspension, brake and steering parts in order to make the beat up old 73 C10 2WD shortbed he bought safe to drive.  Everything he bought has worked pretty well so far, except for the lower ball joints.

We completely rebuilt the front end and steering, and when we went to torque down the lower ball joints, we could not get the castle nuts to get anywhere near where they needed to be to install the cotter pins.

We did a search on the internet to see if we could find anyone else with the problem, and this is what the only post we found in the topic: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=572037

It turns out that we had the same problem.  After it didn't work, we bought a set of Moog lower ball joints from O'Reily's, part number K6117T.

Here's a photo that compares the too short unit with the Moog unit that works (Moog is on the right) :

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:54:44 AM by bd »
73 Chevy C10 Fleetside Short Bed (my son's truck).  350/TH350

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Lower Ball Joint problem SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:22:47 PM »
Chris has most of the same parts at a cheaper price than other competitors and can vouch for their quality, unlike the other people. i ordered once from another competitor when i went to get my 94s ac fixed. needed a condencer that the local parts store couldnt order. think i paid twice as much, but i needed it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:00:25 AM by bd »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes