Author Topic: '73 P10 Kurbmaster Junior rebuild (power steering?)  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Geep

• New Users
'73 P10 Kurbmaster Junior rebuild (power steering?)
« on: January 19, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
Hey all...

New to the forum, and was excited to see that there were a few other Kurbmaster vehicles on the site.  I am currently rebuilding my vehicle from the ground up to be used as a beer truck.  So far I have rebuilt the front end/control arms as the originals were too rusted to repair.  I bought a 1975 C10 chassis and used the sub-frame cross-member and control arms for the front end that seemed to snuggly fit in the proper place. My vehicle originally had manual steering, and since the C10 had the power steering motor and linkages in good shape, I though I would swap out/upgrade to power steering.  Clearly it is not as simple as I thought, as the power steering linkages bind with the lower control arms.  Also the input shaft(?) that would link with the steering wheel appears to be uncomfortably close to body mounts on the frame.  When I went to the dealership to get printouts for both the manual and power steering setups on the P10 chassis, they looks surprisingly different.  Is it possible to do a power steering swap, or is it even worth the trouble? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any help is appreciated!