Author Topic: Any other Star Wars nerds going to see the new movie? (Warning SPOILER Alert)  (Read 64822 times)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Any other Star Wars nerds going to see the new movie?
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »
Well i caved and went and saw it today. $5 dollar matinee. Not bad. Anyway..if you take it all in as vz stated, and i still am, well, i thought it was great overall. Lenthy yes, but i like long movies, 3 hr max anyway. So, a new war and a new rebellion, all of our originals are gone, the humans anyway. We still have chewy and the droids, oh..what ever happened to lando calrissian? Anyway, great action and unsuspected twists. I like being surprised in movies...good or bad. I dont think anybody likes easy pridictable stuff. The movie wasnt hard to follow. I usually have to watch these sci fy movies with my wife so i dont get lost.

Anyway, i have one question. I saw this poster on my way in the theatre.
So what is this now...!!!!?

Ps. We saw the trailer for Avengers, The Infinity War. Looks Awesome!! Does anybody out there follow the Marvel series?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:59:01 PM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Any other Star Wars nerds going to see the new movie?
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »
* spoilers *

Definitely not what I was expecting. I could nit pick it for sure but I found the Mary Poppins scene to be so incredibly silly I said to myself that this scene must have been post-mortem CGI or once Carrie Fisher saw it herself she dropped dead.

Solo? It's a spin off cash grab by disney that has been destined to be a train wreck from it's inception. You would have to put a gun to my head to make me pay to see that one. There's only one Han Solo. I'm happy they are giving us something we've been missing since what 1984? So I won't be a hater on where they are taking it, at least not at the moment.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Any other Star Wars nerds going to see the new movie?
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2017, 09:27:32 PM »
Wow! I totally agree on the mary poppins scene, how embarrrassing and stupid. The finn character acts too much like someone fighting on the streets in a gang in 2017.  Not in a sci fy thriller in a galaxy far far away. And i didnt notice this until others explained it. But kylo ren is sort of just a punk who cant control himself, like road rage, like he needs a time out. Vadar was always in control and never embarrassed himself and had a tissy fit like kylo. Vadar was always commanding and scary when he was on the scene. But at least snokes told kylo to take off that stupd mask. I'm not complaining about the movie, but when you compare it to the genuine article, well, you know what i mean. Oh, and one question a lot of folks are asking...where the blazes did snokes ever come from anyway? Did the emporer crap him out or something?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:33:28 PM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2017, 09:04:19 AM »
There's a total discontinuity between TFA and TLJ. Once I fully digested this movie, well it was like burping up high school lunch for me. I just feel like they just took a bunch of scenes, spliced them together and high fived each other because they know no matter what, it's about to start raining money. I said I wouldn't be a negative nancy but I can't help myself and feel that they deserve critics...and again if you are reading this you have been warned -spoilers.

The whole snoke thing was a joke, his character was flawed form the beginning but instead of rectifying it and making something out of it they made a cgi freddy crougar in a 70's gold dress. He's so powerful he can fling you around with a thought but he cuts in half like a hot knife through butter. Rey holds the light saber like a wiffle ball bat but is suddenly so powerful she can crush mountains with a thought and not because of her lineage but just because. Luke was so courageous he defenselessly confronted Vader and the Emperor on his own virtually destroying the Empire because he was so courageous but now he's a chicken hermit who went emo? There was this whole map to Luke Skywalker thing like he was their secret weapon and something big was going to happen but they basically ruined his legacy and the whole reveal to Luke. Very pc throughout, the finn and rey thing dissolved so that he could hook up with the asian girl? The slow speed chase? lol Phasma's eye is revealed, oooh that was suspenseful. The purple haired admiral putting the hero in his place. The majority of it was a let down and mediocre at best and I could pick it apart all day long but what's the point? All I see are life long fans tearing it apart and fanboys defending it with their life. It's worse than trump vs hilary. I'm definitely not going to see it a second time, maybe I'll just download it and get some of my money back  ;D
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2017, 11:32:15 AM »
Creepy, some folks i know made pretty much the same critique you did...and they're over 40, like me.

And if you see my earlier post 166, i stated it was great. But now, and as you stated, i've got it "digested" but not yet reaching for a vomit bag.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2018, 09:33:33 AM »
There's a show on netflix called the toys that made us. Watch the first episode
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Jason S

« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »
Ron Howard was brought in to complete the movie?

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/09/ron-howard-solo-a-star-wars-story/
1973 GMC K2500, Super Custom, Camper Special, 350, TH350, NP203, 4.10's
1974 Chevrolet K10, Custom Deluxe, 350, SM465, NP203, 3.73's

"1) Peace through strength; 2) Trust but verify; 3) Beware of evil in the modern world"

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2018, 09:57:10 AM »
Yes. Ralph and Potsie will race the new and improved Han solo and Lando in the Kessel run. A CGI Joanie will fall in love with Chachi after he rescues her from space Fonzie, who was on his way to turn her over to CGI Jabba the Hutt. After they complete in less than 12 parsecs they stop at the cantina where Woody is serving up blue milk. I can't wait to see it
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »
Just went and saw black panther, and of course one of the preview trailers was, you guessed it...

They tried to make it look all new and exiting. It just didnt seem right.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »
I ain't going to that one! Looking forward to reading about how bad it was more than ever seeing it. lol
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2018, 02:44:02 PM »
I ain't going to that one! Looking forward to reading about how bad it was more than ever seeing it. lol
That's so "you" lol

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »
Went and saw Infinity War, it was awesome! Anyway, saw latest trailer for Solo. Must admit, looked interesting...but not holding my breath.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
Yeah, not going to the movies for that. I'll watch it when it's on the home market.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Ronno6

• Frequent Member
  • Elder Student
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2018, 07:42:04 PM »
May the 4th be with you.......
You can lead a man to water, but yoiu can't keep him from pissing in it.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
At least 6 people said that to me today  ;D
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)