Author Topic: Locker questions  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Kevin108

• Frequent Member
Locker questions
« on: June 07, 2002, 12:47:00 AM »
My truck is a daily driver that see more pavement than otherwise, unforunately.  The majority of my offroading is done in sand.  I've been considering adding a locker.  What kind of benefits would that reap me in sand, if any?  Also, since I have manual hubs, would it be a better idea to put the locker in my front differential as it would leave the rear as streetable as stock in rain and snow?

87 Silverado 4x4 Longbed Pickup
My Mods | Truck Pics | E-mail Me

Java110

locker
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 01:34:00 PM »
If I were you I would definitly put it in the front. A locker will help you in any off road condition. As I see from the left, you have a pickup, meaning most of the weight is in the front under the engine. Front tracktion, i think, will actually help you more than in the rear. With manual hubs, you will not notice the change at all on the road. If you were to put the locker in the rear, your truck would scuff and chirp the tires around corners, and maybe even make the truck hop. Long story stort, I would, and I am, putting the locker in the front. Also, later you could maybe put a possi kit in the rear so you have all wheel drive. Just a suggestion. Help all this helps.

Java110@email.com

Offline Brook4x4

• New Users
Re: Locker questions
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 08:26:00 AM »
i have a 77 blazer with LOC-RITE lockers front and rear. this is a daily driver an very good trail rig. i tried a mini spool in back first. didn't like it at all. with the locker up front an hubs locked it will affect your turning radios. i installed a twin stick on my 205 transfer case. it the differents beteen night an day.