Author Topic: Anyone got a subwoofer under his benchseat?!?  (Read 8569 times)

Offline erikgto

Anyone got a subwoofer under his benchseat?!?
« on: January 11, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about putting a subwoofer underneath my from bench seat. :-\

A while ago I was trying to buy a C10 which had a sub under the bench.
The deal fell through and I never saw how and what sub he had under the seat..... :(

Anyone out there who did this? Maybe some pics?

Thanks

erik
* 81 Chevy C10 swb 305/350 driver project
* 81 Pontiac TransAm WS6 t-top 400/350 cruiser
* 70 GTO convertible 400/400 long term restoration project

Offline treepete

• Registered Users
Re: Anyone got a subwoofer under his benchseat?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »
man that would have to be a really shallow sub if your bench is like mine. but maybe theres enough room to do it in that triangle-shaped area in the center. I guess it depended on the volumetric needs of the  sub's enclosure.

Either that, or maybe consider one of those rear-end-vibrator under-the-seat things, I understand they produce a similar effect without the speaker itself, but I cant be quoted on that.  :) just saw it in a mag once...

like  Rumble-Butt or something.
1983 Silverado
1999 Yukon Denali 

Other problem: Off-Road R/C.     www.rccorral.com

Offline SUX2BU99

• My Cardomain Site. Truck is on Page 6.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:44:53 PM »
^ Bass Shakers. I had put a pair under my bench seat in my truck for a time, to augment the 7" midbass that are in custom kick panels. They were alright but didn't really give you that illusion of a bigger sub. I had mine mounted right to my seat though on a piece of 1/2" MDF that screwed to the front and rear frame rails of the seat. You could feel them under your butt just sitting there. They were of better effect on the stock CD/cassette Infinity stereo system in my old Dakota R/T. I had them installed the same way but you couldn't feel them unless they were on.

I too would have liked to see how that guy did a sub box under the seat. I built a ported box for an 8" sub that sat on my tranny hump and fired forward.

Pics are here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/307882/6  It looks bulkier than it is/was (I took it out for my new installation). It sounded really good though for a single 8. Surprising really.
85 Chevy Silverado C10 short, wide, yellow, 2wd. Lowered, 60-over 350 with Dart Iron Eagle heads and Comp Cams XE268 cam, TH350 w/ shift kit, 3.40 Gov-lok 12 bolt.

Offline Jon87V20

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 07:57:05 PM »
I just put a 12 behind my seat, between the seat and the back of the cab and had suprisingly good results with it. Just buy one of the angled boxes that will follow the contour of the seat.
1987 Chevrolet Suburban V20 Silverado
350ci TBI TH400 NP208

Offline GoatBeard

• Frequent Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 04:08:23 PM »
You might want to look at powered subs.  Not as much thump but adds another level that's missing with a 6x9.

I have found no better prices for stereo stuff than at www.millionbuy.com

Offline jonnywrench

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 06:27:42 PM »
check out brotherstrucks.com they have two options for what you are looking for.

Offline Maintenanceman

• Registered Users
  • Older is always better
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »
You might be able to fit a Kicker CVT under there or maybe another one of the new shallow mount subs  (jl audio makes a nice one)
1985 Silverado K20- 355 SBC Vortec heads and a lil' cam...