Author Topic: Fuel pump  (Read 3944 times)

Offline The dream

• Registered Users
Fuel pump
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:30:55 PM »
Hey guys,
Working on the 383 build, so up to now, this is the plan (setup), will have 67cc heads, 227-241 at .050 2000-5600 rpm 479-465lift cam, rpm intake. I'm thinking of using the stock Qjet on it, opinions welcome on this. The question is on the fuel pump, Ive been looking at this...
 http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/1721/10001/-1
The edelbrock 1721 that produces 110 pgh at 6 psi, no regulator needed. Will this be enough to put the pedal to the middle and get a good squirt?
Never give up.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Fuel pump
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 11:59:03 AM »
I personally wouldn't waste money on an aftermarket pump, the factory pumps are sufficient for a driver.

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »
I have a electronic pump and I like it. Never need to crank it forever if its been sitting for a long time, some people say they have that issue with a mechanical pump, but you can always pour a little gas down the carb. Little more work. Another reason I like the e pump is i have two tanks and no gas gauge. when one runs out, truck boggs a little and i can switch tanks and truck gets fuel immediately. ya, i know its not the right way to do it, but i dont feel like dropping tanks and fixing fuel gauge.

Offline westsidek20

• Registered Users
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

Hey my dual tank setup is also bad, gage doesn't work and the past owner of the truck just plugged the lines on the passenger side tank, so only the drivers side tank works. Do you know about a good kit for a complete redo?

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
you have to piece everything together, no kits available. The only thing I did different was use a different tank switch (the mechanical device that switches tanks, dunno what its called) made by Pollak. I got it way cheaper and I think its the same brand as the stock one. Word of advice, do one tank at a time, starting with the tank that doesnt work just in case you run into a problem.

Offline westsidek20

• Registered Users
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
I allready dropped that tank (pasangers side), but haven't gotten around to do the fix I always thought that there was some kind of kit, so now I'm starting by cleaning the tank and then piece it together.
Thanks.