Author Topic: Cab sagging fix  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Quickman87

Cab sagging fix
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »
My 87 cab has been sagging for the past year and now I am finally going to fix it. Just ordered all my parts off   and should be here within the week. Has anybody done this job? I am basically replacing everything on the left side of the cab. Floor pan, support channel, cab mount bracket, inner and outer cab corner and rockers. Also kick panel in cab too. Thankfully brother is a body guy! I know I have to jack the cab up where would be a good place to reference too? Bottom of door, truck bed, or could make gap a lot smaller between door and fender. I plan to pull door and fender off when i start this job.really getting excited to get this. The cab is so bad it rides on the shift linkage and if I hit a bump it will shift out of gear. By the way I am brand new to this forum so looking forward to talking to y'all. I will be posting pictures tomorrow so show the damage. Plan on steering this project within the next month so be cool to keep pictures on here to show progress.
87 v10 350 tbi 4x4

Offline Captain Swampy

• Wisconsin
Re: Cab sagging fix
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:23:58 PM »
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=32209.0

Here's a link to my daughter's truck. (I hope)   Also pinned at the top in the body section is a thread about rockers.
1987  350TBI 700R4  4X4  4.56 gears  33" BFG All Terrain

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=32209.0

Offline Quickman87

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:30:25 PM »
Thanks Cpt!! Awesome work on your daughters truck. Mine will be looking like that shortly. Where did you get your body panels from?
87 v10 350 tbi 4x4

Offline Quickman87

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 07:39:26 AM »
All my sheetmetal arrived yesterday from   and overall was quite happy with the condition of the sheetmetal. I was very happy to see the caged nut in the cab support already. Didn't find dents or dings just a few scratches but be able to fix that later.
87 v10 350 tbi 4x4

Offline 87_Rado

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »
Just wondering how you made out with this if you ever completed it? I'm thinking I'm going to have to do the same thing to my 87 as well. Cab is leaning pretty bad. Where did you order your floor support from? Hope everything worked out good for you 👍
87 Chevy V-10. 350 TBI all stock. Wooden flatbed.