Author Topic: 85 C-10 missing  (Read 3396 times)

Offline doctrdoo

85 C-10 missing
« on: December 12, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »
I have an 85 C-10 w 350 eng.here's my problem-at idle the truck runs fine. While driving-if i give it gas slowly(as in usual driving)it runs good but if i get on the gas hard-it starts sputtering-like its missing. can duplicate it in driveway with 1 foot on brake and other on gas.have replaced dist. cap,coil,rotor, plugs(Bosch platinums) and 8 mm plug wires a month ago.just started doing this a week ago and am perplexed!any suggestions would be great.

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: 85 C-10 missing
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »
What year is the truck, what type induction, distributor....

Can you tell us what was changed a week ago when this started?

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:15:00 AM »
Make sure your exhaust system is clear.   On my 79, there is a valve (where the pipe hooks to the manifold) on the right side exhaust manfild that opens when warm.  If that valve stays closed, she ain't gonna do too good on high rpms.

Also, the catalytic converter should be checked, how old is that?  If it is clogged w/ carbon and junk, she ain't gonna do too good on high rpms.  

Just a few thoughts.

SgtDel
www.delbridge.net

Offline doctrdoo

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
the truck is an 1985 C-10 LWB,has a 350 cid eng with headers,a performer intake , 600 cfm eldebrock carb,a universal dual exhaust(no catalytic converter) and an automatic trans.nothing has been changed in the last week. the only thing i did was flush the cooling system and put new coolant in.other than that- the weather has gotten cold here in Va.could some bad gas cause this? this has got me boggled.

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
I don't think bad gas would do that.   If it isn't your exhaust system, and it sounds like it isn't, it must be electrical.

Make sure your gas filter is new, but other than that, I would look at the distributor.  i know you replaced cap, rotor, wires, etc. But maybe it is your module or the actual distributor itself.

Just a few guesses.

SgtDel

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »