Author Topic: Yet another turn signal w/w switch problem question  (Read 1322 times)

Offline 86chevytrk

Yet another turn signal w/w switch problem question
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:17:55 AM »
Ok so I have a 1986 c10 custom deluxe. It came with a non tilt steering column. I replaced that with a 1990 suburban column with tilt. I had some trouble changing the neutral safety switch but whatever I did seems to work correctly.  The signal lever had a broken cc control (on the end of the lever). It looked like heck so I replaced it with one without cc. The lever fits and notches fit correctly (the inner and outer slots that accept the  lever). It was trial and error to find the correct lever but it fits right. The wipers stay on when the ignition is on. I unplugged the motor during the summer because of obvious reasons. Now that it's raining it's cool but unplugging it on dry days sucks. My issue is besides the continuous wipers the lever wiper control seems weird. It rotates freely on the wiper speed part. Meaning there's no steps or resistance in the twist. The the spray twists and stops fine. It doesn't spray but the wipers are priority 1. I should mention I changed the core support to the 90's version and plugged the harness directly into the cab connector. I've scoured the search on this site that I've created a wear mark on my iPad. I've found the end of he Internet with no answers. Please please please help me figure out this problem. I pulled apart the column to fix the cancel cam and explored the column portion of the switch. It has a pivot rod that holds it in place. I removed the pivot rod to look under the switch but I can't see anything out of the ordinary. Someone on here must have an opinion or a direction. Sorry for the long post thank you