Author Topic: Chevrolet 1984 Custom K10 4x4 Automatic Transmission  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Trinidad

• New Users
Chevrolet 1984 Custom K10 4x4 Automatic Transmission
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:59:28 AM »
Hello all - I'm new to this board and happy to be here.  My son has a 1984 Chevrolet Customer K10 5.7L Auto Transmission.  He purchased it and trying to figure out the Vacuum diagram.  One on the truck is messed up.  I did find an Auto Zone XFA and seems to be correct.  His truck now has an Edelbrock intake and carb from previous owner but vacuum lines were cut and plugged off.  I found a manual online that shows next to the water intake shows EGR/PURGE/ TCC TVS.  I believe that would have went to the  EGR-TVS Switch in the original set up to the carb air filter housing.  Then to the carb port J and H, then Cannister hose.  Well that piece has been cut and can't even find it anywhere.

So I need some help on where to route the distributor mechanical vacuum advance hose, EGR valve hose & the manifold vac source at the back of the intake/carb?  The manifold vac was on the vacuum advance to the distributor before but ran very bad.  You would drive it and would idle down and back up while driving it. 

I can't set the idle/mixture ports because it seems like there is a vacuum leak.  I tried to look for it with carb cleaner and sprayed all hoses and no change in idle.  Sprayed on intake as well and no change.  I checked the EGR valve and seems to be ok but still having issues finding a vacuum leak.  I think maybe because of the very incorrect routing of the lines.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated, thank you all for the help!

Regards,

Trinidad

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Chevrolet 1984 Custom K10 4x4 Automatic Transmission
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:30:20 PM »
What is your goal? Are you trying to become emissions compliant for an inspection or trying to solve a driveability issue? It's difficult to have these systems function correctly when key components have been removed.

I would suggest you connect the vacuum advance to the carburetor full vacuum port, leave the EGR disconnected for now and dial in the timing and carburetor.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10