Author Topic: Hello all.  (Read 35356 times)

Offline JohnnyPopper

• Old Goof
Re: Hello all.
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2023, 05:06:19 PM »
This seems appropriate

Very Clever!  ;D
1957 Apache 3100 235 Inline 6, 3 on the tree
1973 C-20, 3+3 454 4BBL TH400  Water Injection
1978 K-10, 350 4BBL TH350 NP203 M.M. Part time Kit/Hubs
1980 C-10 under construction

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2023, 10:53:13 PM »
LOL, I love it!!!!
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
Hello all.
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2023, 01:05:26 PM »
So, new tires don't rub, not from what I've been able to tell so far. I'm still having some running issues... there's another set of injectors on their way to me from Edelbrock. that those straighten out the last of the running issues. Until they show up I'm getting ready for some July Fourth cruising hopefully. Interior is completely back in:

That black hole^^^ is just an insert to take up the space of the factory stereo. I'll put my garage door opener and smalls like that in there.

The whole thing has a date with Armorall for the inside:

And a serious scrubbing on the exterior... once I get the truck back outside. Hopefully Monday doesn't count as a holiday and my injectors will show up... otherwise it'll be after July Fourth cruising.

Be Safe, Happy Fourth

Jeremy
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 01:08:17 PM by jeremy.farlow »

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2023, 01:47:11 PM »
It'll be good to see Moby back on the road!  8)
87 V20 Standard Cab Longbed (current)

87 R30 3+3 Longbed (days of yore)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2023, 08:46:18 PM »
**ALMOST**
I'm definitely gonna use a bunch of gasoline in the coming weeks.

I expect there will always be room for refinement:

A final bit for today.

Then I messed with my toolbox:

New thing to hold the hangey stuff.

Be Safe

Jeremy

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #245 on: July 01, 2023, 11:56:38 AM »
Cool tools man!  ;)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
Hello all.
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2023, 10:33:34 PM »
Hi guys. Hope everyone had a safe fourth

So I swapped injectors for a second time... and wound up with the ones I should've just bought the very first time...
Holy #%**#%#*+. Now the truck is running as I thought it should from the get-go. NOW it feels like a built big block.

And now I am even more concerned with the longevity of the stock 4L80e.
Unfortunately, I am NOT in a financial situation to even afford the fuel to go out and RRROOMMPP on the thing, so hopefully the transmission will hold on a little while longer.

For the second time in this thread I'm gonna say something about how projects like this are never really done... and simultaneously continue adding to the list while also making said stuff as ostentatious as I can.

To that end I have decided that I just cannot with the fuel HOSE I slapped on to get the truck running and out of the old shop.

Hard lines it is!!!

With completely custom, one-off, ain't nobody else got these clamps. I won't say the material was "scrap"... but it is all effectively free, having been already paid for, by someone who most often wasn't me. Hollywood producers have plenty deep pockets.
Once I get the clamp brackets done I I'm gonna put the truck on the lift. Apparently I need to drop the tank. The vent on the Aeromotive sending unit is TINY! 1/4" NPT to hose barb... the attached hose has also been eaten by something it appears.
The eaten line, coupled with ABYSMALLY slow fueling the other day leaves me with less than an 1/8 tank and even more reason to just bang out the v2.0 fuel system.
Hopefully I won't have to fully drop the tank, but I am thankful that it is the emptiest fuel tank I have ever had to drop. All THREE times in the past I have had to replace a fuel pump were after the shut-off from a full fuel-up.
I learned, in college, that gasoline and tarmac mix to form tar and rocks... in my hair as I struggled to spill as little of the 20-gallons I had JUST PUT IN THE TANK!!!
I have one more relatively big fabrication addition to the suburban after the fuel rails. Details to come soon. But then there'll ALWAYS be more "gussying" and "improving" that will strike me. This thing HAS to finally go in, for example:
But it's running so good(the way I *SHOULD* have purchased the Edelbrock EFI in the first case), that after the fuel rails I plan to drive to fill up and then just enjoy. Cruise past the AC shop I can't afford to utilize in our sweltering Hotlanta humidity.

Be Safe

Jeremy

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2023, 12:14:55 AM »
Got ma fuel lines installed today. They're typical Jeremy overkill, so I'm super happy with them. The first couple of pictures kinda suck, sorry.

I haven't heard whether or not my UPS brothers have decided to strike or not, but if they don't I'm supposed to get the pieces for the last fabrication job I intend to do... at least at this stage... on the suburban.

The smaller one is .50 cal. the larger is for the older style night vision goggles. If UPS is making deliveries I have another NVG-can and two (maybe 20-mm?!?) cans supposed to be here tomorrow.
Some combination of them are gonna go on a tray here:

Something to both hide/protect the battery terminals as well as a place to keep all of the stuff that NEEDS to be in an old truck, but doesn't need to be loose and flying around in the back... you know, jumper cables and essential fluids, a couple of rags... brake clean. Whatever.
I made something similar for my 3/4-ton OBS Ford:

I keep my ratchet straps and a couple lengths of rope in the sealed can. The open one has drain holes in the bottom.

Hopefully I'll get my plate in the mail soon enough as well. Then I can start actually driving the thing more than around the block. Seems the California DMV literally "killed" the trucks VIN when the previous owner sent them the title. It was SUPPOSED to go to the auction company, but someone's wires got crossed and the truck was listed as destroyed in California. Thankfully my car dealer father was able to do some sort of magic that theoretically has a plate and even new, clean & clear Georgia title coming. I had all but given up on having a plate, much less getting a title. Georgia doesn't seem to care if there's no title, so long as the VIN is clear, you can sell older than 25 years on a bill of sale. Even still it was "interesting" explaining to my insurance carrier that yes indeed, this vehicle does exist, I'm looking at it and I would like to insure it. USAA literally didn't have any record of the truck. I had to fill in all of the blanks with her, the VIN is not in their system. Hopefully none of this will be an issue should I ever get pulled over...

Finally, my cat, who's been around the suburban from the beginning, but who I cannot remember EVER giving it a moment, has now decided it's a good place for a nap:

Homie gets a little weird in the summertime. He just hung out on the tire the entire time I've been making this post.

Be Safe

Jeremy

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2023, 10:40:23 AM »
Lines/clamps are clean, clean work Jeremy!  ;)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2023, 10:58:09 AM »
Thanks for saying. I was really happy, although far too late last night, with my work. I took a couple of romps this morning. Filled the tank, which is still abysmally slow to fill, and washed a lot more "shop dirt" off than I thought there was.

Now the truck is finally white again:

No UPS yet, and I've got to go take the little guy to the dentist. I'll update whenever my ammo cans come in.

Be Safe

Jeremy

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2023, 01:21:08 PM »
Long live the White Whale!  8)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline JohnnyPopper

• Old Goof
« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2023, 03:43:35 PM »
Here here!!!
1957 Apache 3100 235 Inline 6, 3 on the tree
1973 C-20, 3+3 454 4BBL TH400  Water Injection
1978 K-10, 350 4BBL TH350 NP203 M.M. Part time Kit/Hubs
1980 C-10 under construction

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2023, 02:50:37 PM »

Boxes fit pretty good. Now the boxes thing holding me he boxes needs to not hit the batteries.v

Soon enough.

Be safe

Jeremy

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2023, 03:00:13 PM »
Looks great bro.  ;)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed