Author Topic: Adhesive Chrome Molding Roll Peeling off  (Read 1259 times)

Offline hladkib

• I liek trucks
Adhesive Chrome Molding Roll Peeling off
« on: June 29, 2020, 09:54:50 AM »
When I restored my truck I went through the cheaper route for my trucks molding. I bought the "CHROME MOLDING 32 FOOT ROLL" from   and a few months later, the molding is popping off in certain sections, like around the corner of the bed right underneath the taillight.

Do you have any recommendations to keep the molding from popping off? I was thinking some sort of adhesive like windshield caulking is super sticky.

Offline MIKE S

• Registered Users
Re: Adhesive Chrome Molding Roll Peeling off
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 12:57:28 PM »
When i did mine I had a couple try to lift of after a couple of weeks. I pushed them back on and the have not come loose in a year. If you went all the way around the back of the box with the strip it may be to much of a bend as that is not how it was designed. I bought the metal corner repops and used them for the corners. Not perfect but good for daily driver.

Offline ezstriper

Re: Adhesive Chrome Molding Roll Peeling off
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 08:25:54 AM »
they were never intended to make that hard corner under tail light, even factory used a metal corners. I have used that material for years and it never held up as well as factory, and now I'm sure some made in china so its real junk