73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

One more speaker question...

(1/3) > >>

gregmc30:
I hate to ask another speaker question but I've been searching the forum and can't find the info I'm looking for. My stock am/fm radio works greats but I have a couple of blown speakers. I would simply like install new speaker wire, upgrade the speakers in the dash and upgrade the 4x10s in the back. I do not want to add amps, woofers, tweeters, etc. I like everything to look old school stock. Can anyone recommend some good easy to install speakers that will work great with these old Delco radios? Thanks for your help!

roboticjunky:
Turnsignal.com has stock replacement speakers that are 10ohms. Don't know how well they will sound.

LTZ C20:
Alot of the popular speaker company's actually offer new speakers in various ohm ranges in the 4x10 size.

Just google "new 4x10 speakers". You will not be disappointed.

gregmc30:
I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I talked to a car audio guy and he said if I buy 4ohm speakers, wire them in series so they will pull 8 ohm and not overheat my old radio. So that's what I did. In the front dash corners I installed - Kicker 3.5" Speakers 41KSC354. In the rear cab corners I installed - Kicker 4x10" 41KSC4104. Each side was wired in series. The speakers sound great. They do not have a lot of bass but about all I listen to is old country music so they work great for me.

My85Chevy:
Bringing up a dead thread here to ask a question about these speakers.  I've also got my dash off waiting on the replacement and replacing original 1985 3.5 inch dash speakers.  I'll also be replacing the two behind the seat.  I see many speakers that appear that they will fit, but my concern is the connection of the existing wires to the new speakers.  Once the speakers are in place how do you deal with the connections that don't just snap right on the new speakers like they did the factory ones?   Thanks in advance! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version