Author Topic: 1985 GMC K2500 350 Pictures of where all this broken tubing goes?  (Read 937 times)

Offline mrbetelman

Hello Gents,

I introduced myself a few months ago and have been watching the board on and off.

I have a 1985 GMC High Sierra K2500 350 with a factory 4 speed, I believe its a Muncie. First gear is basically a granny. It's also got Posi, which I'm believing is factory as well. I've dropped a new motor in (long block, had the intake hot tanked and reusing the original carb) and the mechanical part was pretty easy, even though I hadn't done that in a while, but all the line diagrams and pictures I took before I tore it apart aren't helping me put all the CA required smog stuff back together. It's pretty obvious this thing hasn't passed smog in quite some time. Lots of cracked and rotted tubing, broken sensors and the like. I was wondering if there's anyone out there that could take some pictures of what they have, again, I'm in CA, and maybe nudge me in the right direction. I'm going to add some pics I have, but again, for all I know, none of this was correct to begin with. Getting the replacement parts seems to be kind of sketchy as well, so any suggestions to that end are also appreciated. All pics were taken when I was pulling the old motor.

Thanks in advance. Any help at all is appreciated

Offline mrbetelman

Re: 1985 GMC K2500 350 Pictures of where all this broken tubing goes?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 06:25:38 PM »
Wanted to post some additional pictures

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: 1985 GMC K2500 350 Pictures of where all this broken tubing goes?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »
SM/CH465 = granny tranny. The diagrams for your application should help http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=37085.0
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10