Author Topic: more np 205 questions! :)  (Read 2250 times)

Offline tutorjered

more np 205 questions! :)
« on: September 06, 2010, 11:37:50 AM »
    ok. So I have the m265 and the np 205, my t-case is leaking at the front in two places, one is the front output shaft for sure, the other one is either where the transmission adapter is bolted to the t-case, or possibly whatever the nut in the center (right between the input adapter and the output shaft) is.
    My question is, what is that nut, and is it possible to leak fluid from it, and if there are at least two leaks, would I be better off dropping the t-case and replacing all of the seals, or trying to replace the seals while it is still in there.  I am assuming that if it is indeed leaking at the adapter I am going to have to unbolt the whole thing to get at that seal and so would have to drop it. any thoughts?

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: more np 205 questions! :)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »
     Personally I would drop and replace all gaskets, if those are leaking and you fix a couple, "Murphy's Law" says that after you get back together and in a month something else will leak..... just my thoughts
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline tutorjered

Re: more np 205 questions! :)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 01:37:34 PM »
that was kind of my thought too.