Author Topic: Inline 6 250 issues  (Read 1833 times)

Offline 1974dream

Inline 6 250 issues
« on: February 03, 2016, 06:55:06 AM »
I've bee running my c10 as an A to B daily for awhile until the other day. I'm riding Down the road minding my own when all of a sudden my truck starts spitting and sputtering and dies. My assumption was I had run out of gas due to needing to change out the float in the tank. I went to a gas station, filled up and took off and then all of a sudden it does it again. Without touching the gas the truck will rev up a little and then die a couple times before it finally shuts down(unless I just turn the key off) I'm stumped on what the problem could be. I'm getting fuel(rebuilt the carb a few months ago with no issues) I can leave the truck sitting overnight and the next day crank and run fine for awhile. I'm at a loss right now if anyone couple help or knows my situation.

Offline gunrac

• Frequent Member
Re: Inline 6 250 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »
Assuming it's mechanical fuel pump. I've seen one going down like that, before it finally died all together.
Never Apologize..........as it shows signs of weakness

Offline bcstingray

• Registered Users
Re: Inline 6 250 issues
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 06:35:57 AM »
My 73 had a 250 in it when I bought it and did the same thing. It had what looked to be a new fuel pump. I ended up putting a new fuel pump on it and had no more problems. Motor is out of the truck as I'm swapping to a 350.