Author Topic: A/C  (Read 2799 times)

arlbrl

A/C
« on: September 11, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
I just swapped a 1990 Suburban Engine/Tranny and electrical harness into my 85 C-10.  Evrything works fine BUT... I have no power to my A/C system.  I switched all switches from the suburban to the C-10 and still no power.  I checked for power at the A/C box and the preasure switch but there is no 12volts.  Is there any special connections that I need to make to have power to the A/C since I took everything from the suburban?  Any help is greatful.  Thanks:

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
Re: @#%$
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »
Does your fan blower motor work?  On my 91 sub, the same fuse/circuit controls AC and blower.

I am assuming you tested both wires at your pressure switch, due to only one will have 12 volts when it is unplugged from accumulator.  

SgtDel
aka "Andy"

www.delbridge.net

1979 Big 10 383 stroker
1991 Blu 'Burb 3/4 ton 4x4

Offline Supertrucker

Re: @#%$
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »
arlbrl...I don't want to steal this post, but I found a rebuilt tbi engine from a '90 K5 blazer and can have the entire engine and computer for $1000. The problem is, I've never done a swap like this and it'd be going into an '86 K20 pickup. Would you be willing to give me some pointers?

arlbrl

Engine Swapp
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »
Supertrucker sorry about the delay on getting back to you but hey the swapp took me about 2weeks (10days) to complete.  Basically remove the harness from your truck and if you can remove the other harness yourself from the suburban do so using masking tape and taking your time to mark every plug and ground before removing from the burban.  This takes some time but don't rush take your time and it can be done.  I was a little skeptical about it but I jumped in feet first and knocked it out.  The only problem I had was the tank in my 85 did not have the baffle to prevent fuel starvation so I just have to replace the tank...no biggie!  Another thing that helped me out alot was that I had the complete Suburban sitting right next to my truck as I worked on it. I still have the Suburban and need to get rid of some body parts for the right price.