Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Johnny, sorry I didn't jump in on that.....honestly, the pressures involved are very low, and don't need large passages for higher flow rates....and, the manufacturer of the cooler may have it figured down to a science to keep the fluid in the cooler for a longer time for max benefit. 

Maybe check the flow with compressed air, and see if flows to your liking as well.  I heard a statement a long time ago that an external cooler doubles the life of an automatic transmission, so I think you'll be ahead of the game regardless. 

Cheers!
Johnny,

Sounds like you need to figure out an answer based on your own research instead of relying on other's opinion. I will offer my own broad opinion, although it may not amount to much more than a fart.

It seems safe to assume that any reduction in volume could negatively affect your transmission cooling capability. However, there are a lot of factors to consider as to whether the change would be significant for YOU. If this is going in a 1/2 ton Truck driven back and forth to work, probably utterly insignificant. LOTS of these trucks and others like them are driven with NO cooler and survive just fine. If this is a 1 ton Truck driven daily with a 15k lb loaded trailer through the Rocky Mountains, maybe you want to keep the volume as high as possible. Capiche?
Johnny...I will take a stab at it...the factory cooler lines are 5/16" tubing, which means the OD is 5/16". I am not sure what the wall thickness is, but if it is 0.030" then the ID is 0.0253". A standard 5/16" tubing flare nut is a 1/2"-20. 3/8" tubing flare nut is a 5/8"-18.

I would say that you are okay.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Transmission cooling lines in new aluminum radiator
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on April 29, 2024, 11:04:21 PM »
I laugh! Amazed that after all these years, with the potent brain trust embodied in this website, that no one will answer the question of volume.

Is it hubris? Many have said that an external cooler is good, mixed with the internal of the radiator, and so on, but no word, answer, opinion, or maybe just a fart, about volume's factor in proper cooling.

Perhaps I'm expected to derive the correct answer from non-direct comments to the question?

Sad.

Power Windows & Door Locks / Dead short window switch
« Last post by Clcarp57 on April 29, 2024, 07:42:08 PM »
'85 C10, bought   truck window regulators to speed up function of windows.  Drivers side works fine. Passenger side works fine.  Passenger switch on drivers side works fine in up mode, dead short on the down button that causes interior light to dim and stereo to restart (modern day single din). Wiring diagrams are confusing.  New switch, but old switch does the same thing.  I'd like to be able to run a jumper from drivers side passenger switch to the passenger side.  Any ideas? I'm lost.
Instrumentation / A-pillar gauge mount
« Last post by Shifty on April 29, 2024, 05:52:58 PM »
Does the store (or anyone) offer a gauge panel for Scottsdale models (no headliner/a-pillar covers).  I'd prefer a 2-hole mount...
General Discussion / Re: Windshield wiper hose
« Last post by Captkaos on April 29, 2024, 10:32:31 AM »
Yes there are plastic clips used on the later versions.  They are thin and typically dry rotted.   I don't know of a source for them.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 29, 2024, 10:25:34 AM »
Don't know yet!
Members Rides / Re: 1986 C10 after 14 years finally started on
« Last post by Shifty on April 29, 2024, 09:36:47 AM »
heck ya Zeig!   8)
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Shifty on April 29, 2024, 09:32:15 AM »
Looks good Mike!  Do the valve covers clear the power brake booster?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10