Author Topic: Delay module for wiper  (Read 7344 times)

Offline Wickman

Re: Delay module for wiper
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 10:25:25 AM »
I do agree completely, and guess that this "mentality" - to see a great value in repairing things instead of just throw away and exchange - is one thing that unite us who love these old trucks. It is possible to repair and understand them. Important for life quality i think.
This experience with the delay module - to repair an electronic devise - was however completely new and it was all thanks to Senior Moderator bd on this page. When I realized that it was an what I judge as an "electronic component" that didn't work my thought was that the only way to come further was to find a new one, but at that stage bd came in and just just methodical gave instructions how to proceed. The clear way he described the process gave me a whole new view on such component. And when I then showed it to my computer buddy (same age as me) he said that all component on the circuit board was standard component he has in his workshop. He said that was the good thing with these electronic devices from the 80-ties, just standard components - easy to find and cheap.
All the best!

Offline Wickman

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 01:26:34 PM »
The broken tyristor we used were manufactured by a company called NXP. Part # BT145-800R. Price: 2 USD. Yes you see, to repair is cheap, but you need knowledge.

Online bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 02:29:13 PM »
You are very gracious, Mr. Wickman.  Thank you.  I learned a few new things during this exercise as well.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)