Author Topic: slow response  (Read 2483 times)

Offline ChevyGuy

• Frequent Member
slow response
« on: November 15, 2006, 02:40:00 AM »
I have a th400 in my 76 and i started to notice that when i first start it up for the day that when i put it in rev to back up its fine but then i drop it in drive to take off and it takes a couple seconds to to engage so i can leave but other than that its fine for the whole day. I was just wondering if anyone had this issue.

Offline 73c20

Re: slow response
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »
i oddly enough have the same problem with the same tranny (tho mine is a '73). somtimes though, mine doesn't want to engage at all. of course i just put in some fluid and it works fine. im no expert on trannies, so i couldn't say what the problem is exactly.

Offline toplessblazer

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »
Could it be the torque converter loses fluids while sitting over night and is in the process of filling back up when you first start it in the morning?  

Offline ChevyGuy

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 12:11:00 AM »
I checked the fluid today and its alittle over the full mark. My dad said something about the torque converter but he wouldnt know for sure unless he drove it. A coworker was talking about the filter might need to be changed. Its still red but not clear red but its not burnt. I dunno was just curious I dont know how many miles was on it before I got it but I put about 35,000 on it since it was installed 6 years ago.