Author Topic: Black and white wire  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Jstan78

Black and white wire
« on: August 18, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
Hello everyone,I have been working on fixing my interior lights, and I found a black and white wire coming from the back of the fuse box. It is grouped with the set of wires going to the floor dimmer switch, but the black and white one goes noware. Additionally, my dimmer switch on the dash works to turn the lights on and off but will not dim my dash lights. I also found a connecter pluged into the fuse box with a empty place in it, but it has a brown and white wire coming out of it and going to the headlight switch on the dash.

So my question is does that black and white wire plug into one side of that connector, then compleats the circuit going to the switch? allowing my iterior lights to work.

I Have looked at the wiring diagrams but do not see the black and white wire.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Sartobuilt

• Registered Users
Re: Black and white wire
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »
The blk/wht is for the seat belt buzzer/light. The brn/wht is for the choke light or volt guage depending on options.

What year are you working on?

I would pull the drivers side sill plate and see what the wires look like under the carpet, thats usually where there are problems.

Offline Jstan78

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »
I am working on a 78 and I was wrong on one part after i chased it throught the truck the brown and white, does not go to the dash light switch. Thanks for the input on the Black and white whire. Do you know where it plugs into? Yes, i pulled some of the vinal up from the floor chasing the wires to the dome light and they were just falling apart. Thanks Again.

Offline Sartobuilt

• Registered Users
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 06:36:06 PM »
The blk/wht plugs into the drivers seatbelt.

Offline Jstan78

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 07:12:35 PM »
thanks!