73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

No sound from right

(1/1)

Savage4x4:
I cant get any sounds from the speakers on the right side of the vehicle. Ive got an Optimus tape deck.I know how to install cd players etc. This ones got me confused. It worked when i got the truck and when i tried to put in another unit i had to go back to the optimus deck, hooked it all back up wire for wire, just no sound from the right side now. I dont think you can adjust the fader or anything like that on this unit.  1979 Sierra -MEAN
2000 425 Expedition - Muddy
PICS

fanman:
I also have an Optimus tape deck (plan on adding a Cd changer soon). If yours is the same model as mine, then you pull the left inner know until it locks, and then turn it to adjust the balance between the left and right speakers. Push the know back in to lock the setting (this was taken from the manual {I can't believe the old owner kept the manual}). Is it possible that you didn't hook up the right side? Or maybe you hooked up the speaker wires to the deck but not to the speakers.

cysq01:
Check the right wire.  Go from the deck and check the wire all the way to the speaker.  If it's frayed, broken (melted even) then replace it.  Also take a 9v battery to the leads on the speaker (while unplugged). If the speaker doesn't make a popping sound, then it's fried.  Go to a junk yard or something and get another.  Like the other guy said, check the balance (or if someone hooked it up wrong, check the fade)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version