73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

6x9's in cab corners

(1/5) > >>

mtw:
My 83 K10 has spots for 4x10's.  I would like to hear some ideas for mounting 6x9's in those spots.  I am concerned that they look factory (or better).  How did you guys do it?  I have a cheap adapter plate, but I am not very impressed with it.  Just looking for ideas.

Mike

camel:
just get some mdf. and mount that, route the edges, and put the 6x9's is the corners, they don't need boxes, and mdf looks great, u can paint it and it will blend right in. i think u would be inpressed. or another thing u could do it make some rings out of mdf, and put some 6.5's in the doors just in the front bottom corner of your doors. the sound from them is really good.

ChevyGuy:
I just threw mine in the corner.... works good enough for me.

mtw:
Nice advice ChevyGuy.  I'm kinda lookin for a professional look however.  I have considered putting two 5-1/4" drivers in each of the 4x10 spots with a custom mounting plate.  That way I can run 2 ohms and increase the power output of the amp.  Has anyone considered something like this?

mtw:
Camel, I am thinking about buying Q-Forms for the front kick panels and installing a 6.5 and tweeter in each of those.  I DO NOT want to butcher my doors.  My truck is near show quality and all GM.  I wan't to upgrade the stereo to something quite cool BUT without cutting my doors or the rear cab corners.  Kick panels could be removed if I wanted to show the truck in stock.  Patching holes would be tough.  I looked long and hard to find replacement GM parts to restore my doors to brand new condition.  I am having a very tough time cutting the hole in my 150.00 instrument bezel for a DIN opening.  My only consolation is that I have an extra that will not be cut.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version