73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

cd changer

(1/2) > >>

79cheyenne:
will a cd changer work with a 79 chevy cheyenne factory radio. I heard it wouldnt.

smokin77:
Nope. I think you will need to get a headunit that will control that changer. You can get a dual post style stereo that controls the cd changer so you dont need to cut your dash.

79cheyenne:
I want to use the orginal or near original stereo...what is a head unit....what is a dual post style stereo?

smokin77:
The original stereo is a dual-post style,because the two knobs, as opposed to the stereo I have(pic in my last post) which is a "DIN" style stereo. They both mount different, the dual-post has a small rectangular whole and two round holes for the volume knob and tuner knob, and the DIN style mounts in a larger rectangular hole. There are places that sell the "Dual-post" style stereo's that look original and are a direct replacement, but will also control a CD changer.   truck has these.  A headunit is the stereo, just another term for it.

79cheyenne:
Any other places that sell stock looking dual post stereos?.....will it sound very good with a stock stereo, a pioneer cd changer, and kenwood speakers in the doors?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version