73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Wheels & Tires

tires!

(1/2) > >>

roger27:
hey i just bought some very nice 16X8 rims, but i was wondering if 8 inches is too thin. i really hope not. i want some nice wide street tires, i think its called low profile. i was thinking 295/50 ? would that work on 16 X 8 rims? i dont know much about this subject. thanks.  

78KustomKlassic:
Roger,
This is just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't go that wide on the front.  295s would be excellent for rear traction, however.  I have 255/70s all the way around on mine with 15x8" rims.  I really like them a lot.  I know quite a few guys who are running 275/60s.  I'm pretty sure you can get those to fit a 16" rim as well.  Stick with something narrower up front so you don't rub while cornering.

Joel
--converting a 250/TH350 2WD to 350/TH350/NP203 AWD

camel:
i think the magic number was 4.5" for a 10 inch rim, so i dunno 3.5 inches? i haven't heard of anyone having problems with the big rubber all the way around. look at the pictures page. i dunno

fatalchevy82:
i have 295/50's all the way around and i roll and take turns just fine. it also gives the truck a wide low profile stance..

camel:
fatal thats just what i wanted to hear thanks man. do u know what the backspacing on your rims is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version