73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Electrical

Battery drain

(1/1)

jwpa2:
I got this truck (supposed) to be (quick fix) and drive, ha ha ha, so after we completely rebuilt front end, all u joints, steering column, dash cluster parts, dash pad, rear wheel cylinders, still needs the right radiator, tires, and seat, now the battery was running down wondered why on heater selector you turn the fan on with key off the fan runs, unplug fan and all those components on a/c box under the hood and the battery will stay charged, does anyone know what I need to change so I can leave it plugged in so I can run heat. (My wife nick named it POS), thanks for any help and info.

Rapid Roy:
Welcome to the site

bd:
Please include Year, Make, Model etc.. when posting

Begin by discovering from where the blower is drawing power.  Chances are high that someone improperly connected the power wire that feeds the heater control head and fan switch to Battery instead of Accessory at the fuse box.

jwpa2:
O sorry it's a 84 on 86 frame GMC 4x4, what I found was that a steering column I put in must of been something different about it because I fixed another one for that year and no longer had that problem.

JohnnyPopper:
You wife is named Nick?

What till you're burning rubber, or just stylin on the weekend, she'll name it something else. Or change the meaning of the acronym to save face...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version