73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Steering Columns

Hazard switch stuck on

(1/1)

fiddler:
So I just replaced the turn signal switch and was putting tools away when I came upon the hazard switch button in the little plastic container I stored it in for the disassembly.  So naturally I put it on, and turned on the hazard lights and did a walk around to make sure all was working.  Then I tried to turn them off.  It appears that it is going to take a goodly amount of force to turn it off.  The problem is that I don't remember whether to push it in or pull it out to turn off the hazard lights.  If I go the wrong way I risk breaking the switch.  (Although I may be breaking the switch anyway).  Can anybody out there please tell me whether to push the switch in or pull it out to turn off the hazard lights??  Thanks much for your help.

fiddler:
OK so I got the old switch and put a meter on it and checked continuity in and out and figured out which way.  I had to pull it out to turn off.  I put a vice grip on the screw and eased it out, then cycled it a few times.  Then I put the knob on it again and re checked it.  Turns out the new switch was just stiff.  It works fine now.  I won't have to put vice grips on it again.   Thanks for looking.  Just leaving this for info in case someone else has this problem..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version