73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

Original radio wiring

(1/2) > >>

uprising:
Hi guys,
i removed my bezel and paste some gauges, refurbish the shift indicator and now i try to get the original radio connected. Does the Radio has a cl.30 connection or cl.15? Which color does the cable normally have? Is the wire come from the fusebox or is it going first to the „Headunit“ and from there to the radio? Actually i have only connected the dashspeaker. Can i easly connect side speakers?

I only have a wiring from a 80‘ truck...

bd:
Factory wire colors to power the radio are yellow (12v ignition from fuse box), black (ground to cabin sheet metal), gray (panel lamp power from fuse box).  Speaker colors are variable dependent on RPO.

1980 Wiring Manual

What are cl.30 and cl.15 connections?  Is it a monophonic or stereophonic radio?  What are you referring to as the "Headunit?"

uprising:
Thanks for your quick answer!
Cl.30 is supply from battery and cl.15 is ignition :)
It is the original from 1975 ;) I think it is a mono radio! But i‘m not sure...
With headunit i mean the whole instrument box. Come the radio wires directly from the fusebox or from another place?

bd:
1975 Wiring Manual

Ignition power (15) arrives directly from the "RADIO" fuse of the fuse box through a yellow wire.  The yellow wire should be in a taped harness along with one gray wire (radio illumination) and one black wire (ground).  The speaker wires (usually tan and gray) should run to the radio separately from the power wires.

philo_beddoe:
Factory wire colors to power the radio are yellow (12v ignition from fuse box), black (ground to cabin sheet metal), gray (panel lamp power from fuse box).  Speaker colors are variable dependent on RPO.

So where is the best and closest place to connect this black ground (radio) wire? Cabin sheet metal??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version