73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Seats and Restraints

New Seats

(1/2) > >>

Cubs4Life:
Hi all -- I'm trying to figure out what I can do to change out the bench seats in my 1973 C20.  I'm thinking doing a captain's chair, but not entirely sure what route to go as far as pulling from other vehicle or buying new.  Any suggestions...?

Much appreciated.

VileZambonie:
It's all preference. I do not like the look of donor transplants in these trucks so for me, it's either factory or aftermarket. I've used a lot of aftermarket seats and love them but they are more expensive.

bluevan:
If you are single, you should keep the bench seat.

K5 / Suburban seats with console has been done with some custom brackets to keep it in the squarebody family and it looks pretty good.  That being said, if you go through the trouble to fab some custom seat bases they may as well be for something newer and a bit more user friendly thats powered, heated, etc.  But I agree with Vile and you may be walking a line on what looks right.

Volvo had some pretty cool looking seats with all the bells and whistles in the late 80s that are on my junkyard list.

Cubs4Life:
Thanks guys.  I remember reading recently that the Suburban seats fit nicely in the square body.  They're hard to come by from what I hear, and people on eBay sell them for more than I think I want to pay for something so old.  I have a feeling I'll be laying down the money on an aftermarket purchase.  that's for the answers.  I appreciate the help.

Bronze Knight:
I plan on putting OEM Suburban captains chairs and the console in my crew cab. I've seen prices for them as high as $600 for a set (and that is without the console!) but I've also seen entire Suburbans for $1.000 so If you want nice captains chairs go with aftermarket. I dead set on the OEM for a reason

From my research OEM Suburban captains chairs will fit in pickups/crewcabs so long as you get the front inboard mount off a Suburban, they are welded in so I cut the set i have off at the junk yard. Still looking for some halfway decent seats and console though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version